Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help on paint color?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Joe Owensby
I am getting close to painting my car. Originally signal orange. I have narrowed the selections down to a) signal orange, cool.gif valencia (the new orange on the mustangs, and c) marathon blue metallic. I plan to paint it myself. I have painted a few cars and a sailplane years ago, so I am not completely ignorant of painting, although I don't have a lot of recent experience with the basecoat/clearcoats or metallics. How hard are the metallics to paint? I am thinking of basecoat/clear whatever I choose. Also, does anyone have any thoughts on the valencia versus the original signal orange. I was looking for something a little softer in the orange- if that makes any sense. I browsed several of the posts here for colors, and used that to make the final selection(s). Thanks, Joe O
iamchappy
Single stage signal orange make it easy on yourself.
Allan
QUOTE(iamchappy @ Apr 30 2007, 06:19 PM) *

agree.gif Unless you are really looking for the perfect finish...
jd74914
QUOTE(Headrage @ Apr 30 2007, 10:20 PM) *

What single stage orange would you guys recommend? I'm looking for a pretty good paint for my car (also in signal orange) since I want to actually be able to paint and drive this summer. I know I'll be cutting it up again in the not too distant future, so I don't want to go crazy with really nice paint.
iamchappy
QUOTE(jd74914 @ Apr 30 2007, 09:25 PM) *

QUOTE(Headrage @ Apr 30 2007, 10:20 PM) *

What single stage orange would you guys recommend? I'm looking for a pretty good paint for my car (also in signal orange) since I want to actually be able to paint and drive this summer. I know I'll be cutting it up again in the not too distant future, so I don't want to go crazy with really nice paint.

I would stay away from the German paint then.
I like the Dupont Premier paints. For an inexpensive single stage you should consider
Centari.
jd74914
Cool, thanks Chappy
woobn8r
If you like Orange...then keep it original. It'll look awesome!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.