Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Coming soon to a track or event near you!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
skline
I donated V8 and radiator and many other parts I removed from the new project and he is gettig it together pretty fast. It wont be long and he will be tearing up the roads around us all. It's a scary thought actually. In reality however, he has broken every other engine and trans he ran in this car within a few hours to a few days. We will see if he has learned anything. Here are some progress pics. We may even take a video of him firing it up tonight, if it is not too late.

skline
A few more, and an unwanted guest I had to evict today, the second one.
Crazyhippy
My only suggestion is to wire the motor before installing it. I like to have a few wire connectors, fuel lines and 2 rad lines to deal w/ before it fires. Otherwise i know i'll rush and do a shitty job in the anxiety to get it running.
Oh yeah, and paint the damed headers... Home Depot BBQ black will hold up reasonably well.

BJH
skline
Too late, we just fired it up to make sure his connections were all correct. He wanted to make sure it was even going to run.

Well, it does run. There is a strange noise however but it could be one of many things. We are uploading the video now to youtube so when it is done, I will post a link and you can hear it and give us some feedback.

I think it may be the waterpump running dry, since there are no lines to it. I know it is not valve train or any internal engine parts, it is coming from the outside of the engine, alternator, water pump, or even the clutch rubbing? Should be uploaded in about 10 minutes. He is very excited.

This is Jay right now aktion035.gif biggrin.gif boldblue.gif
skline
Here it is, post up comments and let him know what you think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Qil23ZRXvI
skline
It says it's not ready yet, give it a few minutes. confused24.gif

Ok, it's ready now, listen to it and tell me what you think it might be.
Crazyhippy
Bolts holding the water pump intake on are too long...

Add a washer or 2 under the head and $5 says it goes away...

And it's NOT good for the waterpump to let it clearance itself...

BJH
Crazyhippy
So???

Easy check just pull the H2O pump belt off...

BJH
skline
He decided to not run it anymore till he got the rest of it together so it can run for a little while. He spent the day yesterday running the hoses and getting it all plumbed and I think he is just about ready to try it out. He stays up really late working on it so he is still sleeping now but should be waking up soon. I am already out here welding on my car but will check on him shortly. Look for the video later today on his first driving of it and his response, this should be priceless.
race914
QUOTE(skline @ Apr 30 2007, 09:36 PM) *

You should know that a mouse motor attracts buddy's

Good thing you aren't installing a rat motor!
skline
QUOTE(race914 @ May 2 2007, 10:30 AM) *

QUOTE(skline @ Apr 30 2007, 09:36 PM) *

You should know that a mouse motor attracts buddy's

Good thing you aren't installing a rat motor!

Funny you say that, you obviously didnt look close at that trap. That trap is 7" long and made for rats, not mice. That is indeed a rat and the second one I caught in a month. Not sure if there are anymore yet, I am watching for the signs.
skline
I am uploading a video now, it will be a few minutes before it is done and of course the wait time for them to authorize it. I got the timing as close as I can by ear, it sounds awesome. I am going to guess that the cam is not a stock cam, considering you can hear every cylinder fire on this thing. It revs really fast and smooth. Jay is really excited about driving it however, while shooting the video, we discovered a leak from one of the reverse cooling fittings on the block so he is dropping the engine now to resolve it. He may get to drive it today yet. The determination of the youth. I wish I had it. It is getting there though, I will post the link in a minute and then you can view it and hear it once it becomes available.

Here is the link, it will be a few minutes though while they authorize it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cs79VZSm9Lw
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.