Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Who's running AA 96mm piston sets?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
brer
I have no doubt that they have sold a ton of these kits, but I never hear anyone moaning about them breaking or failing or...... anything.

If you have them,

How's it going ?

slap?
oil consumption?

Still not finished building it yet? alfred.gif

McMark
Check the cylinder height. I've found a 0.022" variance in a single set. But that's what's in my motors. No problems yet.
Brando
Mine were 0.02" taller than OEM Mahles so T H O M A S was able to turn them down and make them all the same height.

On one of mine, a small part of one of the topmost cooling fins cracked and fell off when seating the jug into the case.. Not enough to effect cooling but it was one of those "POS Chinese Steel ..." moments.

Installed real easy, went well, no fitment issues.
brer
I wonder whose got the most miles on a set?
sww914
I don't think that I have the same as the AA's, they're JE pistons in cast iron cylinders from European Motorworks. I'm sure they're very similar. I haven't had any problems in 12-15 track weekends. I think that they slap a bit, but I'm not certain that's what that sound is. Whatever it is, it doesn't sound very expensive.
McMark
I thought European Motorworks only sold Keith Black pistons...confused24.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.