Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Nice Paint Job
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Howard
But is it a good deal?

2.2 Six (Link Fixed)
Brad Roberts
Pretty crazy. I lived in Mansfield Texas when I had a shop in Arlington.

The throttle mount he is talking about is still available from Porsche (12-15$)

I think the setup would be a good deal for someone wanting to do a cheap conversion.

I would question who did the rebuild and who did the machine work. I know 98% of the shops in that area and will have clue about who did what.

I think I might even know the seller. I had one guy in Mansfield who was into 914's but just collected parts.. didnt really do much with the cars.

b
Brad Roberts
OH OH OH.

If somebody wants this engine in the SF bay area.. I need to know before Sunday. Britain is flying to Texas and driving back a new GMC Yukon and he could haul it back for a small fee to San Jose. He can easily pick something up from Mansfield if need be.

B
J P Stein
Painted aircooled engines get my eyebrows all wrinkled up.
Before the days of political correctness there was a name for this practice.
redshift
Painting.

M
rattlecanrebuild
Rob-O
Well, this is mine. So shoot away with questions (except the obvious what's your reserve).

Where was your shop in Arlington, Brad? I moved here in 1997 and by the time I found the "Rich's" of this area (Johnson and Fisher), you had just moved to CA. Besides Rich and Richard's car, I just don't see them down here. Maybe a few at Zim's (not usually pretty though) or over at Wes Hildreth's.

Anyhow, the only engine parts painted on the engine (that are in direct contact with the engine) are the valve covers, the tensioner boxes and the intake manifolds. The above parts were done in automotive BC/CC after being electrocoated. The rest is just good ol' clean aluminum, so no spray bomb rebuilds here.

Both the engine, trans and Webers were rebuilt by a guy named Jay Kjohler in Ohio. Anybody know him? If so, you check his references through others.
Brad Roberts
There you go.. SEE JP.. no spray bomb rebuilds.. LOL

Thanks for speaking up Rob. It will help the engine sell. I have one person on the fence right now about doing a conversion car.. this would be perfect for him. I'll see what I can do.

Yes. I moved to NorCal in May of 97.

B
J P Stein
Well gawwly.........sure is a nice clean aluminum case.

It is good to know that it isn't a rattle can rebuild, tho.
My eyebrows have relaxed some. wink.gif
Howard
Rob,
Welcome to the club and apologies for posting questions to the gang, but as you can see, it will get you more action.

Anyway, sounds good, bid to follow on ebay.

ps. what's your reserve? laugh.gif
Rob-O
Howard,

Absolutely no apology needed. I'd do the same thing. I've also seen my fair share of scary 914 or -6 stuff on eBay, as well as the rest of the 914 community.

It's good to post here, I've been hanging around for probably a year or so but just haven't posted for some reason. Usually by the time I get to it, somebody has already said exactly what I would've said...

Sometimes it's just fun to sit back and read some of Brad's and Zois' posts. Brutally funny stuff.

The reserve is set at.....
Howard
Rob, the last line of your posting didn't show
seanery
I didn't see it either....hmmm
redshift
QUOTE(Rob-O @ Dec 5 2003, 06:06 PM)
Usually by the time I get to it, somebody has already said exactly what I would've said...

Ram it home! Anything worth saying, is worth ranting about twice.

Hey!

Miles
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.