Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Should I start a progress thread?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bondo
The back story:

I've been slowly toiling away on a 914 LT1 V8 conversion. I've made occasional posts as I go, but I haven't done a progress thread. Much of my progress so far is here, but not all in one place.

The front story:

I am in the process of moving to the Escondido/Vista area (near San Diego). I am currently finishing up a rotisserie. Shortly my rotisserized 914 will get stuck in a POD, not to be worked on again until I set up my new garage down south. If I were to start a progress thread, I would have some catching up to do. Now would be the time to get caught up, as I will have stopped progressing. It might also help keep me inspired during the project down time.

Basically, I'm torn as to whether or not I should bother with a progress thread so late in the game, so I'm asking for member input. What say you?

mightyohm
Yes!
jd74914
Please post a progress thread. Its really interesting to see step by step (relatively) pieces of unique projects. I don't think anyone has done an LT1 thread on here.
TonyAKAVW
Start a progress thread. Its great for motivation and support. Not just for you but for others as well. All around its a really good thing to do. You are doing some unusual things with your conversion so I'm sure people will be very interested in seeing what/how you do.

The blog won't work well for progress. Not visible enough and no one can comment. Its the comments that are motivating.

Progresso soup, like most other canned soups are far too salty.

-Tony
jimkelly
no yes no yes no yes no yes no yes no yes no yes no yes - oh - i can't decide : )

yes : ))))))))))))))))))

is this your first V8m 914 ?

I just finished mine with help from my local 914 buddy - power is noticeably more than a type 4 : ))))))))))))))))
sww914
Yes.
Sorry to see you go, but at least it won't always be cold in San Diego.
Good luck.
dobbs
I vote yes.

I agree that it is great motivation and a great way to show your stuff smile.gif

I'm a newbie to the whole 914 conversion/restoration process - I've got a project of my own going and its great to see how others are doing their's. These types of threads give people lots of information or ideas that they might not necessarily have considered otherwise.

Good luck!

McMark
QUOTE(TonyAKAVW @ May 1 2007, 06:46 PM) *

The blog won't work well for progress. Not visible enough and no one can comment. Its the comments that are motivating.

Actually you can comment! wink.gif

I voted YES!
TonyAKAVW
I think you should have had another poll bondo, one that asks: "Should I start a "should I start a progress thread" poll?"

Howard
And you are????
rick 918-S
popcorn[1].gif
Lou W
I think we all would be more interested if it was a real Porsche and you were trying to preserve the Porsche marque. av-943.gif

poke.gif

I vote yes. beerchug.gif
markb
Yes, and you should have done one for the blue car too! biggrin.gif
Air_Cooled_Nut
I thought that's what the blog was for? And comments can be posted...either click on the Comments: link or on the blog title. The page that follows will have two buttons that will allow you to reply, just like you would for a normal thread like here in the forums wink.gif
gaz914
Do it
Those threads make this site so great smile.gif

I wouldn't have even started my rust repairs except I was taught how to do it step-by-step here.

cheers
Gaz
mrdezyne
From some of the past innovative ideas you have come up with and made reality, I can't wait to see what other items you have brewing. Let us see what you are doing. Voted Blog but as long as we get pics and a general update, I don't care were I have to go to find it.

How are those foglight grills coming?????
bondo
Whoo, an overwhelming response! I was hoping the consensus would be to hijack Tony's thread. biggrin.gif

Jim: Yes, it is my first V8 conversion.

Howard: Yes, I am.

mrdezyne: I'm only doing non-fog grills, GWN7 is doing the fog version. The non-fog ones are on hiatus until after the move.

Progress thread here I come!
EdwardBlume
Just remember our club creedo:

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.