Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Random questions
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ws91420
Is wiring for the center console gauges already in place like the fog lights?
Are the targa tops the same for all years eg. will the top for a 76 fit on a 73?
effutuo101
The leads should be in place for the center console. Under the carpet. I don't know about the tops. Should be the same.
SirAndy
QUOTE(ws91420 @ May 1 2007, 06:11 PM) *

Are the targa tops the same for all years eg. will the top for a 76 fit on a 73?

early cars (pre '73) don't have the console wiring and some of them don't have the fog-light wiring either.

tops are also different between early and late cars (again pre '73) ...

a '76 top should fit a '73 if it has the late style doors ...
bye1.gif Andy
Spoke
The consoles that I've seen have clock, oil temp, and volt meter. Not sure if 73 and later have the oil temp because they have built in oil temp guage in with fuel guage like my 74.

For the 3 gauges mentioned, the only difficult wire is the wire going to the oil temp sender which is on the taco plate on the bottom of the engine.

On my 71, I was pleasantly surprised to find this wire under the carpet and was able to trace it to the relay board. The wire went across the relay board to the connector to the engine but had no pin on the engine harness nor wire to the taco plate. I had an extra engine harness so I took one wire and connector off and added onto my existing harness and routed the wire under the engine to the taco plate.

As for the other wires for the console gauges, here's the wires needed:

Ground: used for all guages can come from any ground point under the dash.

Full time +12V for clock: can be routed from the fuse panel under the dash. Choose unswitched +12V which is on the fuse side, not supply side.

Switched +12V for voltmeter and oil temp guage: can be routed from fuse panel. Choose switched +12V which is on the fuse side again.

Power for lights: I found this under the dash too but not sure where.

Spoke

ws91420
QUOTE(SirAndy @ May 2 2007, 01:05 AM) *

QUOTE(ws91420 @ May 1 2007, 06:11 PM) *

early cars (pre '73) don't have the console wiring and some of them don't have the fog-light wiring either.

tops are also different between early and late cars (again pre '73) ...

a '76 top should fit a '73 if it has the late style doors ...
bye1.gif Andy

So a 73 should have console wiring in place right?

All these questions are based upon the 73 i am going to be working on.
type47
QUOTE(Spoke @ May 1 2007, 10:42 PM) *

The consoles that I've seen have clock, oil temp, and volt meter. Not sure if 73 and later have the oil temp because they have built in oil temp guage in with fuel guage like my 74.

oil temp gauge instead of parking brake flasher for cars w/o console.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.