Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Where Can I Get a Fiberglass Bumper Top?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Chuck
Did a search on here and found some old threads about a fiberglass cap that replaces the heavy black rubber on the top of the early bumpers. I have a '73 and was wondering where I could get a cap like this. I would like to keep my original front bumper and replace the rubber with a fiberglass piece I could paint to match the car.

On the threads it looked like people were finding them on eBay. There was also talk of someone here starting to make some.

If I can't find one I'll probably have to go to a complete fiberglass GT front bumper. Kind of hate to do that though as my original is in pretty good shape; just the rubber top that I don't like/needs work.
Grelber
Got mine on ebay. Fron 5 feet you can't tell it's not original. I see them on there every few weeks.
Grelber
Here's a set of rubber tops:

Link

And here:

Link

Chuck
QUOTE(Grelber @ May 2 2007, 12:35 PM) *

Here's a set of rubber tops:

Link

And here:

Link

Thanks Grelber, but I am looking for something that I can easily paint to match the rest of the car. My rear bumper will definitely be replaced by fiberglass. The front I would like to keep but paint to match the car and I don't like the black rubber.
RoninEclipse2G
I am looking into making some here in the near future expecting to have them at about $100 a piece, still waiting on decent weather and time to mock up a mold.
rhodyguy
you know there are some bidding programs all set for a number of racing-robin's auctions. i'm going to watch those.

k
Chuck
QUOTE(RoninEclipse2G @ May 2 2007, 01:31 PM) *

I am looking into making some here in the near future expecting to have them at about $100 a piece, still waiting on decent weather and time to mock up a mold.

Ronin, could you let me know when you do those? I will take one. Thanks, Chuck.
spunone
Ok The guy on e-bay is embroideredwood he also makes bed risers or something like that just write him and see if he still makes them
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.