Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: DrifterJay's first drive in a V8 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
skline
His words at the end of the block, "Holy shit!" This is the video of Jared's first test run of his new V8 914. Priceless

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqHsA0EuYzk
Aaron Cox
i recognize those wheels!

nice car scott/jay!
T H O M A S
right on fellas biggrin.gif
skline
We still have some things to dial in but he came back from his little run saying "It's fast!!" Now if he can just keep from blowing it up or overheating it and burning it up, he can then start on making it pretty. It really does move out and sounds really nice when he gets on it. The thing sits so low it cant even squat so it just goes.

I think he is going to break it but I have been wrong before. Let's hope I am this time, for his sake. smile.gif

Jared= driving.gif
Twystd1
Scott, Jay will have it overheated within the week.

So do me a favor... YOU time the car... The lad doesn't listen to me.

And have him put tubes in the wheels. Cause they all leak.

So where the hell is he Scott... he hasn't come by the coffee house yet?

Good job Scott and Drifter Jay... You guys put that thing together in a couple of weeks... Thats nuts.....

YYYYeeeeee HHHawwwwwww

Clayton
Dr. Roger
"Holy shit" is what everyone says after their first ride in a V8 914.

I think I even got my Mom to say it. piratenanner.gif happy11.gif

Let's see....

Anyone betting on first broken parts?

My bets are:
1. Blown hose.
2. Overheated engine
3. Blown CV

Dang, that's what I call a freakin' fast conversion!

Any more video????

popcorn[1].gif
Twystd1
I'm with Jay now.

His face hurts from smiling...... He's so stoked.

It's a beautiful thing to behold.

Clayton
jimkelly
we recently completed mine to a similar rough level - i need to cut more sheet metal for air intake - like you have done and renegade suggests. but one thing i find I must do is between shifts, is to let off the gas an extra half second before i try to push the clutch and shift into next gear. if i don't - i can feel pressure on the shifter and feel the gear dogteeth pop off the slider versus a nice easy disengagment that i would prefer. while slower shifting takes away some from the trill, i think the car will last longer and with ample power you can make up for slower shifts easily. jim

do most v8 guys just blast thru the gears ???
rick 918-S
thumb3d.gif
Allan
Nice!!!
skline
I am betting he will break a CV first and he already overheated it but it has not blown up yet. He got back from a little run and it was boiling around 230 when he pulled int he driveway. The fan wasnt running as he could not get it to come on. The poor motor was making all kinds of weird noises. Hopefully nothing serious yet. I will take some more video today and post it up. He is having fun with it.
PinetreePorsche
OK, I gotta ask: is that brown stain under the driver from an oil leak, or is that the "holy s---" everyone is talking about? So the stain gets bigger after every ride?
skline
The brown stain is rusty water being cycled through the system, he is flushing it all out, keep in mind the radiator and engine came out of my project car. Condition was unknown. So far, we got lucky. It seems to run pretty strong.
tyler
Clayton,

"So where the hell is he Scott... he hasn't come by the coffee house yet?"

Do you V8 guys get together locally?
If not, maybe we should.
Tyler
Capo Bch
skline
Well, mine is a ways off yet, it is just a shell right now. Jared threw his together over a period of a few weeks since he had the time off to do it. We should have a local V8 or conversion meet one of these days, I will be going to Joe Buckles house to help him get his together this week so he can send it to the paint shop and then I will focus on mine.

Maybe this summer we can have a BBQ at JB's house jsharp.gif

All would be welcome but it would mostly be for conversions to see who all has done what to their cars. Would be fun.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.