Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Porsche 935 race parts.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Twystd1
Hi Fellas,
I have an opportunity to buy a slew of REAL Porsche 935 racing parts.

Including tail sections with wings, Quarter panels, 40 gear sets, several transmissions and a bunch of other unknown parts.

Problem is. I have no idea how or where to research the values. And thats where I need the help from you guys.

Before I borrow the bucks to possibly buy this menagerie of parts.

I need to get my head wrapped around approximate values of the aforementioned parts.

ANY help at all would be appreciated. As I am WAY out of my element on this one.

Clayton
Aaron Cox
talk to armando serrano and the guys at pelican.

you would be a fool not to pick em up smile.gif
bondo
I'll give you $100 for all the transaxle stuff... how's that? biggrin.gif
Twystd1
Thanks AAAron. I appreciate the connection. piratenanner.gif

And Bondo........ I slept with somebody in your family. alfred.gif

Keep it coming fellas.. I need all the help I can get... Then again... you guys knew that already.

Clayton drunk.gif
oemexp
If the gear sets are in used but good condition, they are worth ~$400 per set. Complete gear boxes (magnesium version of 930 box) $6,500 - 10,000 depending on condition and if it has a Titanium spool differential or not. The bodywork may not be worth a lot if it is made in the US. However, big bucks if it is factory or labeled as coming from kramer.
LvSteveH
Keep in mind you are talking about a fairly small target market, so in looking at a large lot I would shoot for paying around 25% of current value. Then you can sell with relative ease at 50-75% of market so you aren't sitting on it forever. That's especially true if you are considering borrowing the money.

Sounds fun.
brer
you could do a sweet conversion.
I know, no help.........but its true.
Twystd1
Brer,

How about a magnesium 930 trans with a Ti spool in a teener?

That was a good dream sequence....... Now back to reality.

Keep it coming fellas....

Clayton
smontanaro
QUOTE(Twystd1 @ May 2 2007, 11:46 PM) *
... I am WAY out of my element on this one.

Isn't that what makes it exciting? biggrin.gif

Skip
propricer
Bruce Canepa in Scotts Valley, CA has about 3 935's ... www.canepa.com
EdwardBlume
Bruce Anderson would likely know as well. His email would be in Excellence.
TimT
Ill check them out and let you know.. now where are the parts? contact info for the seller? laugh.gif
Lightweight_911
If you go ahead & purchase these parts & you want to resell them, I would be interested.

Email: lightweight_911@hotmail.com
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.