Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Kadron Carbs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mike's2nd914
The guy that is doing the engine work on my '74 2.0 wants to put dual Kadron carbs on it. I don't know anything about Kadron's. Anyone had any experience or know anything about them? Right now, I have a single 2-bbl that runs like crap. I bought the FI from a guy here on the board but my mechanic does not think it is worth putting on the car.

Thanks for your thoughts and replys!
redshift
QUOTE(Mike's2nd914 @ Dec 5 2003, 10:07 AM)
I bought the FI from a guy here on the board but my mechanic does not think it is worth putting on the car.

Thanks for your thoughts and replys!

Is it a workable FI rig?

If so, you need a new mechanic, may even be you.

M
Joe Bob
Aren't those type I single barrel carbs?
jom
I think they are dual hotroded vw type 1 solex carbs. check a type 1 site and they should have more info.
stock93
Kadrons are pretty decent carbs but unless you already have them in hand I would opt for some 40/44 idfs.

John
DuckRyder
I'd get me a new mechanic. Unless you have a non stock cam or other mods, the FI is what you want.
Brad Roberts
Sounds like a VW guy trying to work on a 914 (an old VW guy).

The Kadrons are good carbs.. but the Dell's and Webers are a tad better.

I think the Kadrons have electric chokes (or some of them do)

B
Mark Henry
No chokes on the kads.

Best low budget mod for the Type 1 beetle engine by far, but on a T4...?!?!?... yuck!
Sure it can be done, maybe on a bus, but a teen? icon8.gif

If you have a stock cam try the FI, if not get yourself the dual/dual Webers.

On the FI you need everything i.e. return fuel line, pump, all the little bits etc. You may still be missing stuff and thats why he's trying to steer you back to carbs.

IMHO
Jake Raby
Webers or Dells..... Tried Kadrons, many times. Never again!
Eric_Shea
new mechanic

agree.gif
Bleyseng
The stock djet runs better than any carbs, thats why they used it in the first place. smilie_pokal.gif

Geoff
steve@ottosvenice.com
http://lowbugget.com/kadronpage.html
seanery
barf.gif

No thanks, I pass!
Mark Henry
QUOTE(steve@ottosvenice.com @ Dec 6 2003, 05:38 PM)

If anyone can make them work this is the guy.
But I would still never use them on a teen.

I use them all the time on type 1 engines.
Mike's2nd914
Hey guys, Thanks for all the responses. I have been having some problems at work and have not had time to visit the board. I told the guy nevermind on the carbs and will pick up the car and the box of FI after he does a few other little things I needed to have done.

I am leaning toward selling this car as soon as I get it back. With the job and the kids, just no time (and not enough money) to do what I need to do. I'll post some pics in the classified section when I get the car back. Until then, anyone interested in a white '74 2.0 let me know.

Thanks
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.