Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My L-jet is too fast.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
alpha434
So when I take a sweeper, my MAF flapper is slamming shut, cutting engine power. Everything is working properly. It's only on HARD right cornering. Bad juju. So What have others done to fix this?

OR have you got ideas?
bd1308
Run D-Jet?

Or dual webers?

Wait, fuel would be shloshing around.

Dood, a Mr.Fusion would be neat on a 914!
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(alpha434 @ May 3 2007, 09:05 PM) *

So when I take a sweeper, my MAF flapper is slamming shut, cutting engine power. Everything is working properly. It's only on HARD right cornering. Bad juju. So What have others done to fix this?

OR have you got ideas?

Unless you have changed the spring tension inside the air flow meter, this is not possible.

how did you determine that the air flow meter is "slamming shut"?
SLITS
agree.gif

I would say he has a loose wire / connector somewhere in the system

or

maybe

a loose nut behind the wheel.
Cap'n Krusty
I agree with Clay. Not possible. Altered spring tension would make it run far too fat, anyway, so that's out of the question, too. The Cap'n
TROJANMAN
i concur
John
Please don't feed the trolls.
Brando
Make sure your gas tank is past the ½ mark if you're going to take big right sweepers. Otherwise -- hello no-fuel!
alpha434
Hmmmm.... Brando.

Never had that problem before. But I've been a lot quicker here recently. I'll check that. I normally run the tank at less than half all the time. Thanks!

P.S. Your sig quote. Hilarious. But what do you call Ice Racing?
Brando
Oh yeah... if you've ever pulled the tank, make sure you didn't mix-n-match the supply and return lines lol2.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.