Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: testing f.i. fuel pumps. do they have to be installed?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rhodyguy
THIS IS NOT AN INTEREST TO BUY FEELER!! biggrin.gif i just have a number of them on hand (not fs). any way i can do this without imposing on someone with a running fi car? oops, wrong forum. please move this if you find it appropriate in the garage.

k
ws91420
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ May 4 2007, 12:10 PM) *

THIS IS NOT AN INTEREST TO BUY FEELER!! biggrin.gif i just have a number of them on hand (not fs). any way i can do this without imposing on someone with a running fi car? oops, wrong forum. please move this if you find it appropriate in the garage.

k

You should be able put 12v to it and the pump should run but don't run it too long.
Gint
I stick short hoses on all three and stick them in a drip pan of gasoline and power the pump.

Moving to the garage...
SirAndy
QUOTE(Gint @ May 4 2007, 05:04 PM) *

I stick short hoses on all three and stick them in a drip pan of gasoline and power the pump.

agree.gif don't run it dry!

12V will do the trick ...
bye1.gif Andy
rhodyguy
thanks guys. i hate my car.

k
swl
Just be conscious of electrical sparks around the gas pan!

On the 3 hose pumps you really need to do a wet test. The pop off valve can stick in bypass mode and just pump into the return line instead of delivery. When they do that you need new rubber to fix it and I haven't found a rebuild kit anywhere.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.