Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Radio For A Orginal 914-6 What Would You Do ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
I have a really nice 1970 six,It came with a audio vox radio,Really cheap one,The orginal blaupunkt frankfurt is long gone. What options do I have to get a unit that fits in the orginal mounting plate,Thanks for the help !!
smontanaro
I don't have this problem. My /6 never had a radio installed. smile.gif

Skip
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(914 @ May 4 2007, 01:52 PM) *

I have a really nice 1970 six,It came with a audio vox radio,Really cheap one,The orginal blaupunkt frankfurt is long gone. What options do I have to get a unit that fits in the orginal mounting plate,Thanks for the help !!

Since you seem to know that the Frankfurt was the original, does that mean you have the faceplate for it? Frankfurts are still available (usually on eBay), so if you have the faceplate (& those are available too), it's a simple buy & place thing.

I can understand why you'd want to rid yourself of the Audiovox, but you could also consider having nothing. A blank faceplate (those are frequently on eBay too, as well as this site), with nothing but that "rev forever arrogance" of a Porsche six behind your head is better than any music (well, except for Pink Floyd maybe).

Point is, the parts are out there if you want to change - just look around. Put a wanted ad in on this site - you'll probably get 25 responses.
Pat driving.gif
Gustl
QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ May 5 2007, 03:30 AM) *
... a Porsche six behind your head is better than any music (well, except for Pink Floyd maybe).

agree.gif biggrin.gif
I got the orginal paper work that came with the car,Dealer maint. book stamped,Also the manual for the frankfurt USA model, The radio must of been removed out of the car years ago,I agree the sound of the six is music to my ears but it would be nice to have the Frankfurt back in the car.
Thanks for the replys,914
70Sixter
I have not used these guys, but someone recommended them to me, and I've kept this link handy just in case....

http://www.oldautoradio.com/
smg914
QUOTE(Gustl @ May 4 2007, 10:41 PM) *

... a Porsche six behind your head is better than any music (well, except for Pink Floyd maybe).

agree.gif biggrin.gif

I agree too, especially since I have tickets to see Roger Waters at the Ford Amphitheater on the 19th.
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(smg914 @ May 5 2007, 03:59 PM) *

agree.gif biggrin.gif

I agree too, especially since I have tickets to see Roger Waters at the Ford Amphitheater on the 19th.

Sorry for the hijack here.....just hope Roger doesn't do another Striesand. I particularly have a problem with non-residents of the US making a political statement about this country. Roger Waters WAS the creative genius of Pink Floyd, and he can still entertain! He is forbidden by law to book himself as Pink Floyd, though. I'm hoping you'll appreciate the music. Planning on doing the same thing here in June.

Hijack over.

Put a redone Frankfurt in the six. Obligatory reference to stated topic.
Pat
Eric_Shea
It was Rogers tour bus that made me decide I really didn't want to be a rock star. biggrin.gif

I couldn't imagine traveling around the country for 6 months in a men's locker room. Peeeew...

I put a Frankfurt in my -6. It had an 8-Track in it. I called my favorite race shop in Chicagoland (Midwest Eurosport) and Brian sold me one they took out of a car they were stripping to make race ready. Just so happened to have a 914 face plate biggrin.gif $65.00 w00t.gif
Gustl
QUOTE(smg914 @ May 5 2007, 10:59 PM) *

agree.gif biggrin.gif

the coolest concert I've ever joined was Pink Floyd in Austria, 19. August 1994
this was the biggest concert ever in Austria - about 93,000 folks and I was among them mueba.gif mueba.gif mueba.gif

sorry for Hijack rolleyes.gif
Martin Baker
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.