Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Where to buy 5x130 wheels?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914turboford
Does anyone know of any 5x130 aftermarket wheel sources? I see you can buy 17" tire and wheel packages for rice rockets for $699. It doesn't seem like it would be too difficult for one of these wheel manufacturers to make these with a Porsche pattern.
Brad Roberts
The problem is: demand. Nobody in the Porsche world wants a ricer wheel (except Mueller). I have been going round and round with the Taiwan manufacturers about wheels in the 4x130 and 5x130. If I cant buy 1000 wheels from them... they dont want to talk to me. IF we can drum up 1000 orders.. we can have anything you want made for a decent price.

b
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(914turboford @ Dec 5 2003, 11:52 AM)
Does anyone know of any 5x130 aftermarket wheel sources?

there's no lack of Porsche wheels. check any Panorama, check out Tire Rack. check any copy of '911 and Porsche' magazine. be prepared to bring money. wheels in 16, 17, and 18" sizes are presumptively for 911's and tend to be rated for high speeds and high stresses in addition to being strong and light. Fikse is a well-known aftermarket name. most large diameter wheels will be coming in "late-model" offsets that will require some cleverness to use on our 'early-offset' hubs.
Mueller
Tire Rack shows 10 5x130 wheels, bad thing is they start at $220 a pop (each!!!)

Only 1000???

Centerline told me 40k rims to make thier new rotary forged wheel in 4x100 and 5x100.
Brad Roberts
Centerline is made in america buy americans that have to pay union dues. I'm talking Taiwan sweat shop here making rims for us (and all the other bling bling 18/19/20/21/22's)

B
maf914
4 x 130 - Panasport and Revolution.
Mueller
hey now, my bling/bling 20's are American made !!!!!

Has anyone read why Porsche picked the 5x130mm bolt pattern??

I understand for the 914 since it uses VW parts........
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(Mueller @ Dec 5 2003, 12:13 PM)
Has anyone read why Porsche picked the 5x130mm bolt pattern??

no - but it was a decision made a long time ago - Porsche started using disc brakes on the 356C in what - 1964? all the 904's i've seen (that same time period) also use the "small" 5-bolt pattern introduced with the hub-mounted disk brake. some compromise based on what Fuchs could make and the available wheel bearings probably ...
Bigbohr
I'm looking for 17" rims too and haven't found anything interesting either. Lots of nice rims - even with correct offset - but wrong bolt pattern headbang.gif Somebody posted a flared 914 with Borbet wheels - so I plan to investigate those. They're not cup wheels like most of the 5/130's and their website shows some models have a suitable offset. Also got an interesting tip of a shop converting 16" Fuchs to 17". Unfortunately I will need to win the lottery to buy those. $220 per wheel is a bargain in comparison. And if I haven't found any before the end of year I'll see what I can find in Euroland when I go there for a visit. beerchug.gif
Mueller
Those Borbet wheels came out the same time Miami Vice did, so good luck finding a set brand new smile.gif

Used factory wheels (911, 944, 968, 986, 993 and 996) are your best bet for wheels.

I've heard of cracking with some of the Cup knockoff rims and they weigh a ton compared to the factroy wheels
Bigbohr
Borbet still makes wheels - BTW, Tirerack sells Borbet but probably not 5/130. Will need to find another outfit.
andys
All,

If you promise not to flame me to death, Diamond makes light weight steel roadrace wheels in 5x130 bolt patterns in 15 & 16" for around $80 each, any width, any offset.
http://www.diamondracingwheels.com/RoadRaceSeries.htm

Andy
fiid
Man - this is going to be costly.

I want to get fatty BBS rims for my car, but I don't know when I'm going to be able to afford it, and I will have to put flares on to fit it.

Is it a viable option (Brad or other people with lots of stuff) to swap a set of Mahle 4 lugs for similarly sized set of 5 lug wheels? Then I can do the flares in my own time and then get fatter wheels and tires after that.

Fiid.
redshift
My 'blackie' is going to look fantastic with these 18x9 MB wheels..

Yeah, no luck finding a trader yet.

M
Mueller
why do you have those 18x9's in the first place???

Brett W. is running Diamond Racing steel wheels on his 914, I like the look of them on his car.......
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.