Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Difference between 1.8 and 2.0
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
thomasotten
I am thinking of building a 2.0 engine to replace my existing 1.8. I know the long block is different, but what about the sheet metal, impeller, heat exchangers and all that? Also, will 2.0 liter heat exchangers work with a 1.8 engine?

-Thomas
Brad Roberts
You almost answered yourself... smile.gif

Tin is different (over the cylinders) intake runners/plenum are different/heat exchangers are different (however the 1.8 HE's have the same inside diameter as the 2.0

Everything else fits.

B
thomasotten
so, then what you are saying is that I could mount a 2.0 heat exchanger/exhaust up to my 1.8 just fine?
Brad Roberts
No problem.

Bolts right on. Its a BIG improvement on the 1.7 cars. Really wakes them up by installing 2.0 HE's.

Oh.. make sure you use the 2.0 muffler hanger also.

B
cork
Thomas, are you going to use 2 liter heads,as brad said you will need the 2.0 sheet metal, or rework your 1.8 sheet metal, if just going to 2 liter p&c and 1.8 heads the sheet metal will work, and 2.0 heat exchanger are a up grade just about ever one uses, when staying with a stock set up.
Brad Roberts
Buy 2.0 tin. Do not rework your 1.8 tin. It will look like hacked crap (and if it doesnt.. you spent too much time making it look nice..LOL)

B
seanery
I got perfect 2.0 tin on ebay for $26. It was already sandblasted, too!

You can find it.
Mark Henry
QUOTE(thomasotten @ Dec 5 2003, 11:54 AM)
I know the long block is different

Just the crank, rods, P&C's and heads are different, the rest is the same. You can use the 1.8 heads on a 2.0.

On my modified 1.8 heads I have 42X 38mm valves in them.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.