Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WWOT: No Porsche content
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pat Garvey
Hope I don't offend anyone - it IS Friday night. Just finished my 3rd glass of 1978 Louis Martini Cabernet. That's right - cellered it in 1980. And, guess what - it's POTENT, and really good!

But, as I was sipping it, I looked at a calendar that has a '73 Ferrari 365 GTS/4 Daytona Spyder. Alloy rims, yet a conflagration of spokes (must be 150 or more per wheel)! Why?

By '70, all knew that full alloy was the way to go. Was Ferrari just trying to add sex appeal?

Can you imagine trying to find someone to "tune" those wheels? Hell, they don't even look sexy with that many spokes in them. Looks like the Shop Vac sucked up a bunch of metal colored pasta strands!

Sorry, not a fan of wire spoked wheels. And, yeah - i do have my friday night rants. Keeps me from getting involved with politics!
scotty b
WELL well well, I'm nursing a wonderfully flavorful bottle of Yuengling traditional, bottled in.....1829 ! Oh and I buffed the rear bonnet on a BEAUTIFUL AC Bristol this afternoon drooley.gif Stick that on yer Ferrari calender poke.gif
Allan
QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ May 4 2007, 07:24 PM) *

Just finished my 3rd glass of 1978 Louis Martini Cabernet. That's right - cellered it in 1980.

That's okay, I just finished my 3rd Cubra Libre and am making my 4th... biggrin.gif
Sparky
light weights... I started at 10:30 last night with Captain 'n Coke. At midnight I switched to Kahlua/Grey Goose/Seltzer (It's called a Mind Eraser), now I'm doing Kahlua and coffee, it's Cinco de Mayo so I'm celebrating! beer3.gif Why, I'm not a Mexican and I'm not a Mexi-Can't?! Who cares every once and awhile it doesnt hurt to let your hair done (if you got any left) and howl at the moon.

Once I finish this last cup I'm going to take a seista so I can start all over again around 6PM. One of the things I learned in the Navy was to set a pace and stcik to it, helps control the buzz. Though I'm out of rum, kahlua, and vodka... Also need to pick up new case of strings for the 'Strat (13'-56's) so I need to do some shopping when I get back up.

WoooHooo!! drunk.gif
So.Cal.914
Sh!t, I just finished a full glass of Dew de Montana (mountian dew)and a bowl.

Happiness is relative.
JPB
You are all chemically dependent!!!! What? What glass are you talking about? This one? I was just going to dump it into the sink. Right. beer.gif
Pat Garvey
Before anyone begins thinking I'm "snooty" (or is that snotty) about wine...I laid that bottle down when I was 33 because is was good, cheap, and seemed to have the ability to grow better with age - which it really, really did! I did the same with close to 200 bottles selected during that period, hoping to enjoy them when I had more time.

Very few of these select babies were "extreme", and all were anticipated to age well. They were all stored in a spot in my basement that stayed consistently between 55-58 degrees year round.

Then I had to make a corporate move from Kentucky to yankee land - PA (which I DO like). That was 1996. As careful as the moving company was with the wine, only 17 bottles survived being jostled from the calm place they had stayed for years. Just simple moving can destroy these things, because they become very delicate. I'm 60 now, too old to try it again. Shame.

However, the occasional survivor is really appreciate. So is Black Jack & Cragganmore. My Friday nights are sacrosanct. Used to be a lot wilder, but, as Dirty Harry once said "a man should know his limitations"
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif
Pat: It's Sat Night, I just finished my 3 erd bottle of Annie Green Springs, in put those away in 1972. Oh,Oh i'm going b

l
i
n

d

D
a
v
e drunk.gif

Pat Garvey
QUOTE(BarberDave @ May 5 2007, 06:46 PM) *

smilie_pokal.gif
Pat: It's Sat Night, I just finished my 3 erd bottle of Annie Green Springs, in put those away in 1972. Oh,Oh i'm going b

l
i
n

d

D
a
v
e drunk.gif

Ooh, ooh - which one was it? You is a conozier of vintage......stuff (must drive a 914). Watch yourself, never barf in the drivers' side door pocket. You'll be smelling Annie for years!

BTW, if it smells like antifreeze, tastes like antifreeze, looks like antifreeze, it's prolly Annie Green Springs! You'll be better in the morning, though permanently blind. Enjoy the evening!
Pat
effutuo101
Yep, I had Mountain Dew, and my wife and friends Javier and Tammy had Margerita's. We also had a bunch of Carne Asada taco's, rice and tortilla's. Time for bed now
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(scotty b @ May 4 2007, 08:28 PM) *

WELL well well, I'm nursing a wonderfully flavorful bottle of Yuengling traditional, bottled in.....1829 ! Oh and I buffed the rear bonnet on a BEAUTIFUL AC Bristol this afternoon drooley.gif Stick that on yer Ferrari calender poke.gif

"Rear bonnet"? You're busted! That's "boot". Pretentious twit. smile.gif

The Cap'n, on his first glass of El Jimador, having had 2 glasses of a VERY nice 2001 Eagle Castle Cab from Paso Robles. New one for me, but it went nicely with tri-tip, some ribs, and a mess o'linguica, hot off the grill.
So.Cal.914
[quote name='Cap'n Krusty' date='May 5 2007, 11:32 PM' post='897022']
cool.gif--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(scotty b @ May 4 2007, 08:28 PM) *</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
[/quote]

"Rear bonnet"? You're busted! That's "boot". Pretentious twit. smile.gif
av-943.gif
The Cap'n, on his first glass of El Jimador, having had 2 glasses of a VERY nice 2001 Eagle Castle Cab from Paso Robles. New one for me, but it went nicely with tri-tip, some ribs, and a mess o'linguica, hot off the grill.
[/quote]

I don't have a bottle of a 2001 cabernay, but I do have a few ounces of 151 rum

calling my name...Oh what the hell.
JPB
QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ May 5 2007, 08:14 PM) *

Before anyone begins thinking I'm "snooty" (or is that snotty) about wine...I laid that bottle down when I was 33 because is was good, cheap, and seemed to have the ability to grow better with age - which it really, really did! I did the same with close to 200 bottles selected during that period, hoping to enjoy them when I had more time.

Very few of these select babies were "extreme", and all were anticipated to age well. They were all stored in a spot in my basement that stayed consistently between 55-58 degrees year round.

Then I had to make a corporate move from Kentucky to yankee land - PA (which I DO like). That was 1996. As careful as the moving company was with the wine, only 17 bottles survived being jostled from the calm place they had stayed for years. Just simple moving can destroy these things, because they become very delicate. I'm 60 now, too old to try it again. Shame.

However, the occasional survivor is really appreciate. So is Black Jack & Cragganmore. My Friday nights are sacrosanct. Used to be a lot wilder, but, as Dirty Harry once said "a man should know his limitations"

Sad story. The moral of the story, I guess it would have been better to drink it all before moving. Would this aging make a bunch of cheap assed wines better like that Walmart $10/gallon crap? AAaaah not that I get this wine...............crap, I'm busted. I must admit, I can't turn down a bottle of Chianti if I have some cash burning in my pocket.beer.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.