Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: REAR set up.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mills914/s
I just got new stuff. And got one side mounted. I cant put it on the ground yet to see how low its going to sit in the rear. Can anyone give me a balpark idea how low it will sit? Here is what I got. Brand new KYB's I know they suck but its all I could afford 150 bucks for all 4 brand new...And then these Eibach springs I think they are 165 pounders. I put some pictures up . Stock springs next to new ones. And pix of them mounted. I need to know kinda where its going to sit in the rear and what tires to buy this weekend Aaron said to look at the Yoko es100's Im going with them but not sure what size and stuff. I want the car low and stiff.
Any feedback?
Thanks
Seth
jimkelly
you really don't want the rear too low because the front can only go so low before losing suspension travel. don't sweat it - it will look beautiful : )

if you got to be lower - here is the pricey answer : )
http://www.tangerineracing.com/suspension....Pickup%20points

jim
mills914/s
Thanks Jim. Yeah I know about the front suspension setup. Im going to have the a arms level with the ground when its done on the ground. mabey a little very little rake in the rear. I wish I had more money to deal with this stuff. Then I could have adjustable front and rear setup. Ohh well next year.
Seth
Borderline
Seth, Those brakes look awesome! Eric does a great job. I think you're going to have to wait until you get it on the ground to see where it ends up after it has a chance to settle in. Then adjust the fronts to level or rake the car to your desire. From what I've read and been told is most keep their cars level to a very gentle rake down in front (1/4" or so).

What wheels are you running? Most can fit 205-50-15, but the wheel offset make the difference. I have a set of Fuchs (4 bolt) and they give plenty of clearance for my 205-50's (actually need to add some spacers). The car came with some Riviera after-market rims and the rears are really tight with 195-60's...
mills914/s
Hey Bill...Morning....
Yeah Im going to run either The empi 8 spokes or the dan gurney westerns. I like the 8 spokes better. My 1975 red 914 had the 8 spokes with 195 60 15's on it It was lowered 1inch in the rear and 1.5 up front
I think I might go that way. Or 195 50 r 15 I dont know yet. But yeah I have both rims need tires this weekend but cant buy till I get the car on the ground.
DanT
the rear should sit something like this. this was with Koni adjustables on the rear and 140# springs.
The perch on the Konis is in a similar position as your KYBs.
the car also had a slight downward rake to the front.
let the car settle a bit before you dial in the front....

nice job
DanT
you won't be able to go this low with the KYBs.

this pic is my current 914 with Bil sports on the rear and the front lower than most like smile.gif
mills914/s
Dan thank you much... What tire size are those in the pictureOf the red one?
DanT
both pics show the cars with 205x50x15s

If your car is just for street driving I would suggest either 195x55 or 195x60s

they will fit for sure without needing to massage your fender lips or the need for spacers.
205s usually require some fender lip work and/or some spacers in the rear depending on the -camber you are running. smile.gif

also the wheels you are planning on using have more positive offset than 914 wheels like the Fuchs in my pics. I have a set of 8 spokers and they set ~1/2 to 3/4" outward toward the fenders.

you may still have some fender lip issues with the wheels you plan on using along with the 195s sad.gif
mills914/s
Thats what Im thinking to. The offset on the empi rims mean I think I can only run 195 60 r15. I wonder if I can get a wider tire on there without massaging the fenders. I would like to run 205 50 r 15. But I dont think that could happen with these rims
DanT
my 8 spokers with 195s on them were very close to my fender lips and mine are now rolled and pulled.
you need to see if someone in SC has one already mounted that you could try on both sides of the rear of your car.
these cars do vary from side to side. sad.gif

your rear fenders look very stock...I don't think any POs have done anything to the fender line.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.