Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Window Washer tubes
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
scrz914
I bought a replacement steering column for my '73. It is in excellant condition and includes a stock leather steering wheel. It came with the window washer tubes attached and these are in excellant condition also. I would like to use these as mine look dubious. From first glance I can't even tell how they feed through the dash and where they end up.
Has anyone done a replace of these and how hard is it. Would it be best to pull out the fresh air unit to do this? Or is it such a pain that it's better not to even use this system.
Thanks for your help.
Aaron Cox
behind the fresh air unit, there is a grommet where the hoses pass through
scrz914
Is there any tricks to feeding those tubes through? I suppose if I can somehow attach the new tubes to the old ones I could pull them through.
thomasotten
QUOTE(scrz914 @ May 5 2007, 10:56 AM) *

Is there any tricks to feeding those tubes through? I suppose if I can somehow attach the new tubes to the old ones I could pull them through.

I just did mine the other day. I taped the new to the old with duct tape, then pulled through. Of course, I had the gas tank and everything out, so it was pretty easy.
scrz914
Yes, I decided to wait until my gas tank/sway bar project to do this. I think it'll be a lot easier.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.