Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: new 914 V8
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
michaelt55
Had it out again today on a stealth run (no plates, reg) and had a blast. Just enough power to be fun but not too much to make you crazy!!!!

anyway...love this car!!!

Michael

Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
Crazyhippy
Hilborn? Who's induction setup? I LOVE it.

BJH
michaelt55
I don't know...but it works nicely..not really a true inuction system, more of a fancy air ram/air cleaner..

Michael
Crazyhippy
Carb under there? I decided that if i build another SBC car (have to stop playing w/ subbies 1st) it will have Hilborn stacks (8 of them) sticking up through the engine lid biggrin.gif

And since it is no longer rain friendly, the windshield can go, along w/ all the creature comforts, and..... Should be alot of fun when it's sunny out biggrin.gif
jimkelly
windshield can go - what - are you crazy - hum - scratch that.

gotta keep windshield no matter what - all else can go though.
GeorgeRud
Keep whatever you need, but keep that aircleaner setup. I've always like the V8 conversions, but couldn't stand that cheap looking chrome aircleaner that most seem to have mounted. I'm sure many members would like to know who makes the one you have.
jimkelly
not just cheap looking - but cheap on the wallet too : )

michaelt55
will take some pics of it later and post...

Michael
DSM
QUOTE(jimkelly @ May 5 2007, 07:47 PM) *

not just cheap looking - but cheap on the wallet too : )

I like the budget crankcase vent you're using there Jim. Is that... duct tape?
914-8
What kind of engine is that?

Looks like the distributor is up against the front firewall, not a SBC?

And jimkelly, is your trunklid cut open for the distributor????
michaelt55
Its a Buick 215 ci aluminum block engine. 10.5 to 1 comp, runs about 190-200 hp but weighs only about 40 lbs more than a porsche 6. Keeps it handling nice and seems as light as my 914-4. I saw this and read the weight difference, so I just had to have it.

Michael
jimkelly
yup - trunklid cut open for MSD dist -just barely did not fit : )

The engine is a sbc v8 307 - i bought it thinking it was a 350 - test drove it and everything - felt real strong - it was in a 1969 camaro convertible 4spd- but when i got it home i checked the number and was a little bummed - but for $900 as you see it - Iam still happy about the deal - i have since replaced the blue painters tape wiht a proper valve cover breather : ))

jim
drive-ability
QUOTE(jimkelly @ May 6 2007, 05:19 AM) *

yup - trunklid cut open for MSD dist -just barely did not fit : )

The engine is a sbc v8 307 - i bought it thinking it was a 350 - test drove it and everything - felt real strong - it was in a 1969 camaro convertible 4spd- but when i got it home i checked the number and was a little bummed - but for $900 as you see it - Iam still happy about the deal - i have since replaced the blue painters tape wiht a proper valve cover breather : ))

jim

Hey Jim,
I'm not trying to be critical, just look at my rig, most 4 year olds weld better than I, but I'm not sure why you cut out the trunk area. Is your distributor taller/ or is you engine sitting higher in the engine bay. Often you can lower the engine and transmission with some shims / washers etc. I lowered my about an inch from where the kit had it and haven't hit anything..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.