Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: dunno what i did to the cv..
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mrhurtalot
actually im not lost. but the haynes manual has me at one.

all i need to do is replace the cv boot/flange.

THATS ALL INEED TO DO

whilst i had my head where my transmission should be, i attempted to remvoe the bearing etc. from the right side rear axle

well it all came apart, a bent and broken circlip, and the bearing and its balls came off. well except for the inner part of the bearing. its stuck on the axle.

what am i not doing? WTF.gif Click to view attachment
Crazyhippy
nice foot.... biggrin.gif

DId you get the c-clip off the end?

Might want to clean everything up so you can see what you are working w/. There is a groove cut around the end of the axle, make sure it is cleared out.

BJH
mrhurtalot
i bet thats why the snap ring remover didnt work... it was a c clip...

haynes, SCREW YOU.

c-clip is that availiable at the FLAPS?
because it broke... haha

id clean.. but i dont like to.. ahha. but i graduate some time this week or next and ill have tonss of time on my hands.

thanks. ill have a look again tommorrow. going out for the night right now.

im getting itchy for a drive, the weathers been nice here. and its been almost 5 months i think. AHH
Crazyhippy
Part #21..
Pelican has them....

BJH type.gif
mrhurtalot
dry.gif dry.gif

okie so its clean. now what...?

I did all 4 of my cv joints about a month ago and they can be a real pain if the main body of the cv rotates away from the cage and comes off. Good info in the classics section on this. I took my entire swing arm off and that made it a lot easier but there will likely be an alignment necessary. I would suggest calling PMB (Eric Shea I think) and getting a cv kit for $59.00. It includes everything you'll need - cv,grease,boot,c-clip, washer, bolts, and schnoor washers. I can tell you it made a big difference on my car. By the way forget Haynes in this situation...mine was no help at all. Everything you need to know is on this site! Be sure to use new schnoor washers (let me know if you need some - I have extras)
McMark
If your CV came apart that easily, it's not in very good shape. Mike Mueller posted a how to about 4-5 months ago. It's pretty straight forward. Also, get the new boot on before you put it back together. wink.gif
So.Cal.914
Find link below to Mike's thread dis-assembly and re-assembly of CV's.

Click to view attachment

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...nt+dis-assembly
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.