Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Driver and Passanger window installation
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TINCAN914
Sorry no pictures, so I will do my best to describe the problem.

I thought I installed the passenger and driver side windows in correctly, everything looks good but when I roll down the windows it drags the squeegee seal down into the channel It never did that before the seals are about a year old, I cleaned the windows so I don't understand what I might have done wrong. The actual trim that hold the seal in place was removed by the painter, and he bent it up a bit pulling it out. I did the best I could to straighten it, but since I didn't remove it he did, I'm not sure the correct way to mount it. There is a channel on one side, and I wonder if it is to slide under the edge of the door or not? It seems I might he the trim to close to the window so the pressure is against the seal and the glass causing it to be pulled down...

Can someone help me out? pictures would be great....

Thanks
Allan
Maybe adjusting the window inwards a little might help. I have also heard other people say they had that problem when new squeegies were installed.
tyler
I had the same problem with new squeeges. All I could do is soap up the glass and keep running the window up & down. It's real messy but between that and getting some sun on them, they seem to be settlling in ok. I remember that squeege being really, really hard to slide into the channel, especially at the rear of the doors. There's only the three or four sheet metal screws holding the channel to the door and you can always redrill for new ones as long as you can get a scewdriver through the access hole.
I'd make sure the channel is mounted flat against the door and not bent out at all. Sometimes those old sheet metal scews have to be cut out since they're rusted in. If the guy did that and didn't file off the remaining part of the screw, it could be holding the channel out a bit.
Hope that helps - at least you know you're not alone.

TINCAN914
QUOTE(tyler @ May 6 2007, 02:00 PM) *

I had the same problem with new squeeges. All I could do is soap up the glass and keep running the window up & down. It's real messy but between that and getting some sun on them, they seem to be settlling in ok. I remember that squeege being really, really hard to slide into the channel, especially at the rear of the doors. There's only the three or four sheet metal screws holding the channel to the door and you can always redrill for new ones as long as you can get a scewdriver through the access hole.
I'd make sure the channel is mounted flat against the door and not bent out at all. Sometimes those old sheet metal scews have to be cut out since they're rusted in. If the guy did that and didn't file off the remaining part of the screw, it could be holding the channel out a bit.
Hope that helps - at least you know you're not alone.

Thanks for the feedback.
I think I got it taken care of it still drags a bit, but I thin in short order the dusk will work as a great lubricant.. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.