Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New bling for my 6 project
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
East coaster
New sneakers for the six project. Now I just have to do some extreme flaring and spacer work! I think these will look good on a silver 3.6 teener. Still can't decide between GT flares or 100K taps with a ballpeen hammer and viola, some custom flares. I believe these have the same offset as the 993 cup wheels (et55?), has anyone tackled the spacer issue with et55's?? Advice??
East coaster
Guess I need to change my avatar? The Tangerine 71 is gone and a Silver 74 has taken it's place.
Mueller
those should look nice....no mention on width?????

fitting is different between a 8" wide wheel and a 9" wide wheel with a 55mm offset.

I test fit 16x8's with a 55mm offset on the rear of my 914, the tires hit the wall for the trunk and the trailing arm.

You'll probebly need at least 1" spacers to move the wheel out (unless you tubbed the rear end of the car !!!!! )
East coaster
Fronts are 17 X 7 with 205 50s, backs are 17 X 9 w/255 40s.
skline
Those will never fit correctly on your car, I think you should just send them out to me and I will put them on my Chalon project and you can have the 7 and 8 inch Fuchs that I have for mine. Fair trade? confused24.gif
Mueller
Fronts

no flares = 1" spacer
GT Flares = 2" spacer

Rears

no flare = a few options smile.gif extensivly modify the trailing arms, relocate the shocks inboard more and cut the trunk wall or run a 993 or Boxster rear suspension setup or build a custom SLA rear suspension smash.gif

GT Flares (or similiar) = min 2" spacer to prevent rim/tire from hitting the inside structure of the car, of course flares will have to be implemented due to the width.

These figures and recommendations are IMHO and are not fact !!!!!
Jeroen
ET 55 both front and rear??

cheers,

Jeroen
d914
with flares on my 16x9 I ran 54mm spacers (back)

with my 17's x 8.5 I ran 35mm(back)

the 35's worked on one side with the 16's but not on the other, just off.

upfront I ran 35mm on both.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.