Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: so pissed
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
machina
one of these two lines is leaking bad. thought it was the oil psi hose on top but i fixed that leak so i know it is coming from the pump outlet or the return fitting.

the blower housing has to be split and removed to get to these and then it will be not alot of fun removing and reinstalling these lines on my back under the car.

have to pull the blower housing because the cooling flap above the oil cooler is screwed down and i need to release it before i can get to the oil fittings.

also, i have an exhaust leak at one stub pipe flange that i can't fix. the flanges are out of alignment and will not seal. unfortuately the primary pipes are fused to the collector so i can't adjust that way. Tried with a torch and pb blaster this weekend.

this is getting to be not so fun.

Dave_Darling
You may not have to split the fan shroud; it can come off as one piece. Just pull the fan out and then remove the four nuts that hold the shroud onto the case. There's also the one or two bolts at the end of the oil cooler (from the cooler bracket to the shroud). But I think that's it.

Try a BFH on the pipe that is not fitting correctly. When you get it all lined up, then take a big huge file to the tops of both pipes on that side. Do both at once so you are guaranteed that the upper surface of both is flat and parallel with each other.

--DD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.