Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rocker Arms...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
yeahmag
I believe I have a set of 1.7 rocker arms as they aren't the GIANT ones I've seen on my other 2.0L (13mm nut head - 1.0 thread pitch). I'm trying to rebuild them, but every single aduster runs free for a bit then gets hard to turn. I'm running them out (down) not in...

Is this normal or do I just need to cut them off, run them out, and get some of Jake's econo swivel adjusters in there?

Thanks.

-Aaron
Twystd1
Run them in and out with some kind of penetrating oil.

They will eventually come free.

Look at the end of the adjuster that hits the valve stem, and see if the head has mushroomed to a larger diameter than the threaded hole in the rocker. If so..... Just file or belt sand until they come all the way through.

NOTE: ONLY use the REAL Porsche "Swivel Foot" adjusters on those 1.7 rockers. You can get em at any Porsche dealer or through Jake or, Pelican or aircooled.net.

Any other swivel foot adjuster is crap.... IMHO.

Clayton
yeahmag
Clayton,

Your idea of sanding down the head should work just fine. It's only the section that had the jam nut on it that seems to be a problem on them.

BTW - Is there a difference between intake and exhaust rockers? If so how do I tell them apart?

Thanks.

-Aaron
Twystd1
YUP....

Intake and exhaust are different. The easiest way to tell... Is to put em on ass backwards during mock up. You will find out real fast what works.

Do a search for 1.7 rockers and rocker geometry. All of your answers have been answered many time before on this subject. If'n ya get in a bind. PM me.

Claytonovich
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.