Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: You too can own a former Peter Gregg racecar...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
SLITS
It was for sale before, but in english.
URY914
We ripped this apart awhile ago.

Why no current pics of it?
michel richard
The ad is in very bad French, there is not a single special character ("é", "è", "à" "ç" etc . . .) which probably means it was written by somebody who did not have a French keyboard. The ad does say the car is in Georgia, which could mean that an American is trying to sell in a another market. Nothing wrong with that, from a business perspective.
As for the car itself, there is no great detail, except some racing history. I would rather buy an actual car rather than a pedigree, but YMMV.

Michel Richard
smg914
I found this picture I took at a Trans-Am race at Pocono in 1976.
bd1308
is it just me or does that door look really long
Eric_Shea
It's just you... huh.gif

wub.gif
grantsfo
I hadnt realized until recently that Peter Gregg commited suicide. Stranger yet I didnt even realize he was dead. I really lost track of car racing in early 1980's as I was so into competitive cycling.

Sad story about Gregg
grantsfo
I think this is a better deal however: http://www.chooseyouritem.com/exotics/files/57500/57980.html
brer
So who went to view the car?

davep
This is really the Harmstad car. Any connection to Gregg seems tenuous.
davep
Did you get the VIN?
DEC
QUOTE(davep @ May 8 2007, 02:21 PM) *

Did you get the VIN?

Dave
Here is the answer about my VIN question:

Hello Wilco,
I am not in the habit of giving VIN numbers for Famous race cars to just anybody. If you are a buyer and have a sincere interest in purchasing this car, That is one thing. If you are an Historian looking to log vin numbers then I must cordially refuse. This car is the cheapest Factory Race Porsche in the world with significant History and to Date there is no other with this VIN. I would like to keep it that way. P.S. The car comes with the Letter from Porsche Special Vehicles Division. that clearly states its pedigree. That letter is signed, and is dated may 71, and it is the original and not a copy with the original signature. ( Also included is the Original Sales reciept for the same) The car was sold from Porsche America /race team #1 ( Peter Gregg)to Race team#2 with H H Racing and continue to race until the 80's.
I hope that you understand but it is for the integrity of this Famous car not to be Duplicated. thanks for your understanding. Guy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.