Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Attn OHIO teeners
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Hi everyone...I'm moving to Cincinnati in Aug. and have a few questions about the area. Besides looking for a house I'll be job hunting too! So much fun in store! smile.gif Anyway I thought my fellow teeners might have some words of wisdom.

1) Any suggestion on a good area to invest in a home for around 100K?
2) Anyone know a good real estate agent?
3) Anyone work in health care? I just graduated with a Masters in Health Care Administration and need to start a career.

On the car front...
4) I’m coming from a non-inspection state…does OH require vehicle safety and emission inspections?

Basically I'm looking for any general knowledge that you'd think would be important for someone new to the area.

THANKS! - Jeremy
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif

WECOME to the Buckeye State !!!!!

I know nothing about the Cinci. area, except it has more hills the N.W. Ohio.
Ohio requires no emission testing,however any car comming from out of state
must be taken to a dealer and checked that all paper matches.Just a formality.
Health care seems to be one of the better employment areas. Daughter in -law is in nursing home admin.
At the border check points, you and your belongings will be searched for any thing displaying Mich. colors. Those items will be burnt,and you will be whiped by a hunchbacked dwarf. Dave slap.gif
tdgray
Dave's correct... 'specially about the michigan stuff... but you don't have to go to a dealer to get your car checked out you can go to the local DMV also.

Sorry can't help with Cincy area... the only thing I know about Cincy is that they have a historically worse football team than we do here in Browns country.
dflesburg
Here in SW ohio we say, "if its Brown, flush it down..."

You can get a better home for the money in Dayton which is about 45 min north of Cincinnati. Many on the south side of Dayton commute to Cincy.

Even then 100k won't buy a palace, but should be able to get you a good starter home. Many Condos available....
eric914
If your interested in the surgical tool manufacturing side of the business Ethicon Endo Surgery in Cincinnati is a rapidly growing manufacture of surgical tools. They plan to grow from $4B in sales currently to $8B in the next 4 years. Very good place to work, with good pay and benefits.

Another area to look would be the new hospital campus being built in Hamilton County. Don't know much about it other than it will be a very large facility when done.

Lebanon OH may be a place to look for a home. It is a northern commuting suburb of Cincinnati with lots of new home construction. You may want to see if you can push the $100K number some though.

I moved to Dayton 1yr ago from Rochester NY.
Van914
Since I live in Cincinnati. Email me for information and I will give you my cell number to help.
Van
bbrown
You must go to Montgomery Inn. Consider northern KY for housing. Lots of bridges over the river.
LowGT
QUOTE(bbrown @ May 7 2007, 04:49 PM) *

You must go to Montgomery Inn. Consider northern KY for housing. Lots of bridges over the river.

And Skyline and LaRosa's. smile.gif I grew up in Cincinnati and miss Skyline the most, it just doesn't taste the same out of a can.
Katmanken
Good news and bad. Lotsa homes for 100k but many not in areas where you would want to live.

I've lived all over the world and have never seen a town with so many small cities that grew together. It was daunting at first when somebody ratlled off a name of one of the towns and expected me to know it.

Most of Cinci is in Hamilton county- known for high city taxes, crime, and poor schools. Many of us live in the Burbs to the north or to the east. I live in a northern Burb called Mason (Warren County), but the average price for a home is up to about 250K. There are a lot of smaller starter homes in Deer Park close to your price range.

Kentucky buys you more home for your money. However, your real estate agent may have only one tooth.

Lotsa health care work. Many hospitals around University of Cincinnati and they call the area "Pill Hill". Some health care insurance companies too, and several medical device manufacturers.

Ken
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.