Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Flexi-flyers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
Joe Ricard
So I went over to visit Grant's Pirate racing site. I saw the 1st picture of him screaming through a left hand corner. that's a big gap on the drivers side head light cover to hood.

I get similair results with my car and you can see pictured notice the crooked opening on the passenger head light to hood.
J P Stein
...and this is a surprise?
Riding on the bump stops is no help:D
Joe Ricard
QUOTE(J P Stein @ May 7 2007, 03:03 PM) *

...and this is a surprise?
Riding on the bump stops is no help:D

Yea Hopefully I got this hitting the bump stop thing fixed.
The zip ties I had on the front shocks were burried in the Koni foam snubbers.
Raised the front and dropped the rear and stiffened up the Sway bar.

Not suprising just interesting that it is still happening even with a cage.
grantsfo
QUOTE(Joe Ricard @ May 7 2007, 12:58 PM) *

So I went over to visit Grant's Pirate racing site. I saw the 1st picture of him screaming through a left hand corner. that's a big gap on the drivers side head light cover to hood.

LOL! That has less to do with twisting and more to do with ghetto fabrication techniques deployed by the "Pirates". biggrin.gif

That hood has been terribly bowed since I bought it and headlight cover is only held on by a couple L brackets and we never lined it up. You'll note it looks that way going right or left and even when its sitting on the trailer!

One of these days I'll make it look pretty!
Joe Ricard
How much does Ghetto fab cost per hour?
Just want to know where it stacks up to Red Neck Engineering
grantsfo
QUOTE(Joe Ricard @ May 7 2007, 01:54 PM) *

How much does Ghetto fab cost per hour?
Just want to know where it stacks up to Red Neck Engineering

About two malt liquors an hour. drunk.gif
Joe Ricard
Lager
McMark
av-943.gif
J P Stein
QUOTE(Joe Ricard @ May 7 2007, 01:19 PM) *

[

Not suprising just interesting that it is still happening even with a cage.

Sure....my cage was pretty well tied in prior to last winter.
The addition of tubes to the suspension towers *really* stiffened things up....I was surprised at just how much difference it made. The car really seems like one piece now. No more willowy shakes & wobbles...ya point it where ya wanna go & you're off, bumps, dips, & whatnot don't upset the car. All it takes is a lot of grindin',hammerin', weldin,cussin'.....followed by paintin'....more cussin', dead brain cells, cuts & abrasions....all the fun shit. biggrin.gif
Mike T
I definately Ghetto fab. My son came up on Saturday, looked at how I was connecting my new Fiberglass front 1/4 panels to my IMSA airdam and said: "you CANNOT leave it like that!" A little too ghetto I guess...

Mike (no steel body panels left) T

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.