Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 parts nerds needed...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ConeDodger
Is the 914 temperature sender that goes in to the taco plate the same as the 914-6 part number? My parts guy cannot seem to find one for the 914-4 and thinks they are the same part.
SirAndy
QUOTE(Rotten Robby @ May 7 2007, 02:45 PM) *

Is the 914 temperature sender that goes in to the taco plate the same as the 914-6 part number? My parts guy cannot seem to find one for the 914-4 and thinks they are the same part.

i'm pretty certain they're not the same. but i have been wrong before ...

are you sure your parts guy is looking at the right year? early cars didn't have a sending unit.
i believe skline says the first year was '74 '73 ...

smile.gif Andy
skline
The first year was 73 as it came in the "S" model smile.gif
McMark
I don't think the electrical functionality changes all that much from sender to sender, but the range might (i.e. 250* max would be different from 350* max). It's more likely that you'll run into thread pitch/size issues.

914/4 Temp Sender: E039.919.268 Pelican Parts lists it as NLA.
914/6 Temp Sender: 901.641.632.00
skline
Mark is right, PET shows that part number as a sender and it has to do with the oil.
skline
Here it is
2-OH!
Isn't it a case of the gauge and the sender have to match...Other than that, it does not matter... The temp range has to be correct for the motor...

Call North Hollywood Speedo and ask them...They sell and repair, both

2-OH!
McMark
The gauge and the sender 'match' by having the output of the sender match the range shown on the gauge. There is no such thing as having to use a 911 sender with a 911 gauge. Many people have swapped fuel gauges from the stock version to a VDO round version. If you have an oil pressure gauge that reads up to 80 psi, than any 0-5 bar sender will work. 911, 914, whatever. You might have a slight discrepancy if you switch brands (autometer with VDO, etc) but I would be skeptical of even that.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.