Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: to re-valve or not to re-valve
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
d914
Ok been missing for a while, life was winning, still is I just choose to start fighting back.

Now down to the real question, Street/ DE car

911 front end, race bushings(racer chris's), 911 t bars, 19mm sway,,,,,,revalve the 911 bilstiens,green, to a lighter spec, or leave them at 911 spec???

Back is race bushings(elephant) and probably 180 springs....220hp suby motor..

Idea was to go stiff but compliant.
Joe Ricard
QUOTE(d914 @ May 7 2007, 07:34 PM) *

Ok been missing for a while, life was winning, still is I just choose to start fighting back.

Now down to the real question, Street/ DE car

911 front end, race bushings(racer chris's), 911 t bars, 19mm sway,,,,,,revalve the 911 bilstiens,green, to a lighter spec, or leave them at 911 spec???

Back is race bushings(elephant) and probably 180 springs....220hp suby motor..

Idea was to go stiff but compliant.

Not knowing what your dampening rates are now makes it tought to say if you need more of anything.

I guess test it and see, if you are skipping over bumps you have too much rebound. if it feels like every little bump is s huge pot hole then too much compression.

high speed and low speed dampening are still pretty much a mystery to me.

Eric_Shea
You know... that's a tough one. I think Billy's are fairly inexpensive ($5?.??) to do. Koni's are more expensive.

When I spoke with a Koni engineer he stated on the high speed rebound was different.

I believe if you follow the weight ratios for a 911 and a 914 you'll find there's close to 50lbs difference... not that much on one hand and could be a lot on the other.

Try them as is... if they need to be revalved then send them in.

E.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.