Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 75 914 White Interior! any one else have one?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
hwgunner
just got a car with a nice white interior in it. I have heard that it is a pretty rare option. Can anyone tell me a little more about it?? One year only?? Mine is in a parts car. Can someone show me a nice car with ORIGINAL white interior?

TIA
MrKona
No pictures, but this post is timely. A guy in my neighborhood has a '75. I was passing it the other day and I realized... the interior is white. I was wondering if it was original...
seanery
they're nice, Al Swanson's dad had/has a nice converted -6 with a white interior...I like 'em a lot, make it feel a bit bigger inside...you just gotta make sure to keep it Miami Vice clean though biggrin.gif
mrhurtalot
i might be interested in buying the interior.

i think it might look nice in a white car.
SirAndy
QUOTE(hwgunner @ May 7 2007, 08:04 PM) *

just got a car with a nice white interior in it. I have heard that it is a pretty rare option. Can anyone tell me a little more about it?? One year only?? Mine is in a parts car. Can someone show me a nice car with ORIGINAL white interior?

i've only seen two in person, one was a nice dark blue '75 that EASY was parting out. the interior was flawless.

i posted about it here way back when, but no one was interested. it all went to the crusher ...
sad.gif Andy
TROJANMAN
It looks nice in a Silver car.
Kevin (majkos) just put a white interior in his car.
I kind of like, but don't think i could ever drive a car with it.
IPB Image
bondo
Dibs on the brake reservoir cover cover and delay wiper relay! (I think I see it there) biggrin.gif
hwgunner
QUOTE(bondo @ May 7 2007, 10:20 PM) *

Dibs on the brake reservoir cover cover and delay wiper relay! (I think I see it there) biggrin.gif

The res. cover is already in my garage. The relay, I looked at but am not sure that is what it is. Might be for the AC that is in the car. I looked at the wiper arm on the column and it looked the same as all the other cars I have had. I will know more tomorrow when I get home with it.

PS--- you been talking to markb!!!!! havn't you!!!!!!!!
boxstr
No pics but I had a 75 white 914 with white interior. It looked like it belonged in Palm Springs or Miami Beach, or South Beach.
I also had a fellow stop by CAMP last week with a 75 with white interior.
There are a few out there.
CCLIN914NATION
hwgunner
On the factory cars were the door panels white also?? How about the center console??
TROJANMAN
Kevin's door panels are white.
I think all center consoles were black.
Dave_Darling
Yup. Charles Hill from the Yahoo group (and the MUSRs) had a Laguna Blue 75 with a white interior. All original, except the exhaust. Absolutely sweet-looking car; the white interior was super sharp against the Laguna Blue exterior!

I have some pics hanging around at Pelican somewhere. I may be able to dig them up...

1975 model year only, IIRC. I thought that the tops of the doors were black? The armrests were black, center consoles were black, the dash was black, and I think the glued-on felt carpeting was the regular grey kind. Floormats and other carpet were white or off-white I think. I forget if the "center seat" cushion was white or black...

--DD
Dave_Darling
Here are a couple of pics of the interior of Charles' old car. You can see the tops of the doors are white, not black like I had thought.

The white does get yellowed with age (and tobacco smoke!).

--DD
Dave_Darling
Some exterior pics:
orcadigital
My car originally had the white interior as well. It is out, though not in amazing shape (definately yellows with age). It is the entire thing though, seats, backpad, door panels, and center console. Mine is registered as a 76, with a manufacturer date of 11/75. 2.0 with the Appearance Group package. Now a dedicated track car, with very little interior left. It looked nice in a red car as well, though nothing like the condition of that one.

The carpets were also an offwhite (which may have also been due to age).

Was sure nice on those summer days though.
rwjames
My 1975 914 1.8 is Lagoon Blue with white interior. It is a nice color combination, but my car has the original white interior in it that is yellowed, dirty, and with a few splits.

Here are a few pictures of it which are similar to the other blue car.
sww914
It looks great, but it's not something that I could live with. I'm too dirty.
type47fan
QUOTE(orcadigital @ May 8 2007, 01:35 PM) *

My car originally had the white interior as well. It is out, though not in amazing shape (definately yellows with age). It is the entire thing though, seats, backpad, door panels, and center console. Mine is registered as a 76, with a manufacturer date of 11/75. 2.0 with the Appearance Group package. Now a dedicated track car, with very little interior left. It looked nice in a red car as well, though nothing like the condition of that one.

My red '76, manufacturered 12/75 (4762903947), came from the factory with the white interior. The PO had white highlighted Rivieras and white pin striping installed. I really didn't like the combination, hence, no pictures, but the car only had 50K miles in 1983, when I bought it.

I traded the black interior and genuine EMPI 8 spokes from my signal orange '72 with the white interior and Rivs off of the '76. Sold the car to a young blonde girl in 1983. The set up really suited her and I was happy with my familiar black interior.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.