Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: early horn button backdating
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
brer
I've got my wheel done and on, the contact ring is in place with the wire running through the wheel to plug into the horn button.

My setup is off my 73, and is not the early style hub. I've got an early 911 horn button, GT style with leather insert, but how to connect to make it work?

Who's done this?
Do you need an early hub? or can you just rig up the button?

I'm interested in options that dont involve finding an early hub for my wheel.

brer
would pictures help? confused24.gif
dflesburg
yes
KaptKaos
Can't be done. Sorry to tell you. Maybe you should just send me that horn and put it out of your mind. laugh.gif
Aaron Cox
i thought the horn pad installed just lije the 914 one... twist on, twist off.
echocanyons
QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ May 8 2007, 10:31 AM) *

i thought the horn pad installed just lije the 914 one... twist on, twist off.

yep, just twist the old one aoff and twist the backdated one on (mind the horn connection)
brer
I gots me the copper ring on the back of the wheel with the wire coming off of it. This feed through a hole in the steering wheel and has a spade connector on it.

But I dont have anywhere to connect it to the early button.

The early button uses the spring loaded pin that goes through the wheel right?

I gots no pin, and no idea where to plug my wire.

confused24.gif

twisting on and off I figured out myself. smile.gif
Martin Baker
This type of horn button requires the button type contact, like the 911,914-6, 356 etc...not sure if the later wheels have the hole in them for this contact...it does not use a wire for power. The contact rubs the ring, and contact a spot on the horn button.
dflesburg
brer,

please show us with a picture how you solved it....
balljoint
When I was first playing with mixed early and late horn setups I made a teeny error which resulted in a horn honk every time the steering wheel was turned more than 30 degrees from 0 either way. Just about wet myself turning out of the parking lot for the first time. smile.gif
brer
this is where I was hoping someone had tackled this before.
I've got a hole in the wheel, but the hub is a later hub so the hole is blocked.

I think we need photos.
more later

.....if anyone has an extra pin I might need one.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.