Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Front Spoiler Finish
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
aylanco
Greetings,

I will be replacing a badly beaten up LE front spoiler with a standard spoiler which needs to be stripped and painted. Was the original finish flat, satin or gloss black?

Thanks,

Rav914
Pelican lists the Wurth Satin black paint as the original finish. Barring any other inputs, that's what I'll be re-finishing mine with.

By the way, cool avatar.
QUOTE(aylanco @ May 8 2007, 09:50 AM) *

Greetings,

I will be replacing a badly beaten up LE front spoiler with a standard spoiler which needs to be stripped and painted. Was the original finish flat, satin or gloss black?

Thanks,

Pat Garvey
Mine's a '72 - no spoliers (though I did have a splitter once), so I'm no help. Buth, the Wurth satin black would be a good choice.
Pat
TJB/914
QUOTE(Rav914 @ May 8 2007, 07:27 PM) *

Pelican lists the Wurth Satin black paint as the original finish. Barring any other inputs, that's what I'll be re-finishing mine with.

By the way, cool avatar.
QUOTE(aylanco @ May 8 2007, 09:50 AM) *

Greetings,

Thanks,

Hi Guys,

Satin Black is correct & Wurth paint is excellent. Just wanted to add the finish is not smooth. It's a smooth pebble type finish (see photo). The front, rear & rocker's are finished the same for the original look.

T
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.