Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Where can I find a good 916 rear bumper?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Chuck
I ran a search of the threads on here for 916 rear bumpers. However, the preferred suppliers for things can change over time as well as the number of people actually supplying parts. I know Getty is preferred for most glass but I do not see a 916 rear offered in their catalog.

Where can I get a good 916 rear for a flared car?
nomore9one4
Try a WTB ad in the classifieds.
Chuck
Maybe I'll rephrase my question: Who currently makes the best fitting 916 rear bumper for a flared car?

I'll also post a WTB in the classifieds. Thanks.
McMark
I'm pretty sure Getty doesn't make 916. I called them awhile back and they said no. I'm in the same situation. I'm not looking forward to the hours of test fitting and modification. I was lucky to find a used front 916 that was already fitted. Bolted it up and was done. wink.gif
lotus_65
Performance Products lists them in their catalog,
These guys might have them too.

Paul
nomore9one4
Just FYI, your best bet is to buy a USED bumper. I believe ALL new bumpers need fitted regardless of who makes them.I have a used one but its going on the Loveseat.. Try rennspeed he sells them. www.rennspd.com
Scott S
Also, please not ethat there is a correclt shaped one and in incorrectly shaped one. Most of those I have seen are the newer, cheaper and incorrect shaped versions. The correct ones are very hard to find.
This is the correct one (note the license plate area)
Scott S
this is the bad and more common one. I was very lightly rear ended about 10 years ago - the body shop replaced my good one with one of these. I am still pissed.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.