Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Two Tone Paint
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
7TPorsh
So I am thinking of painting the sails, A pillars and top a different color than the car. Black is the obvious choice, but anyone do this or anything like it?

Say a silver top on a black car? vice vera?
Aaron Cox
xsboost did a silver car to the belt line... and black up from there... looked sick
burton73
Someone needs to do some work in photoshop as it is close from slick to sick. Flames done well anyone?

Bob
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(burton73 @ May 8 2007, 09:38 PM) *

Someone needs to do some work in photoshop as it is close from slick to sick. Flames done well anyone?

Bob

Some things work better then others. Flames... IMHO they just don't work on german cars, or on cars that have the engine located anywhere but in the front.

Flames belong on muscle cars and hot rods.
The beetle is an exception to this rule for some reason.

Zach
Allan
QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ May 8 2007, 03:31 PM) *

xsboost did a silver car to the belt line... and black up from there... looked sick

agree.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(7T Porsha @ May 8 2007, 03:20 PM) *

So I am thinking of painting the sails, A pillars and top a different color than the car. Black is the obvious choice, but anyone do this or anything like it?

it's been done ...

like with this "Max-Moritz" GT.
originally "Condagrün" in color, the car was repainted in '72 by Eckhard Schimpf.
body is "Signal Orange", windshield, targa bar and roof are the original "Condagrün" ...

bye1.gif Andy

IPB Image

Pat Garvey
QUOTE(SirAndy @ May 8 2007, 08:41 PM) *

QUOTE(7T Porsha @ May 8 2007, 03:20 PM) *

it's been done ...

like with this "Max-Moritz" GT.
originally "Condagrün" in color, the car was repainted in '72 by Eckhard Schimpf.
body is "Signal Orange", windshield, targa bar and roof are the original "Condagrün" ...

bye1.gif Andy

IPB Image

I like it too, but it's a historic 914.

Why further destroy the resale value by making it into something it never was (in MOST cases).

Face it guys, 914's are getting rarer in driver/street form. Don't mess with Mother Nature - you'll lose - times two at least.

Mark my words!
Pat
SirAndy
QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ May 8 2007, 06:53 PM) *

I like it too, but it's a historic 914.

Why further destroy the resale value by making it into something it never was (in MOST cases).

you could build a replica!

like this one. the car is local to the bay area and it's a replica of the MM GT #77 above.

btw. the owners weren't too happy when i showed them the above color foto of the original car.
apparently, the guy who did their replica never bothered to check the color schema and simply painted the top, windshield frame and targa bar black instead of "Condagrün".
ooops headbang.gif

cool_shades.gif Andy

Click to view attachment
porschecb
I hate it when I see two guys in one car!! It so adds to the weight. biggrin.gif chair.gif laugh.gif
roadster fan
This is one of my favorites from Armando Serrano's site.

This particular 1970 Porsche 914-6 chassis was updated in the early 70s' to some of the factory 914-6 GT specs with the assistance and guidence of Ralph Meaney. Chassis #914.043.1244 is currently owned by Mr. Ed Fitzpatrick...

wub.gif there are more pics of this car on his site.

Click to view attachment
orange914
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ May 8 2007, 06:57 PM) *

QUOTE(burton73 @ May 8 2007, 09:38 PM) *

Bob

Some things work better then others. Flames... IMHO they just don't work on german cars, or on cars that have the engine located anywhere but in the front.

Flames belong on muscle cars and hot rods.
The beetle is an exception to this rule for some reason.

Zach

i remember a 70's hot rod issue with a pinto that had flames from the rear forward, the liscense read "kaboom". gotta be at least 35 to appriciate this one blowup.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.