Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: front valance paint!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jonferns
hey guys, looks like i'll be needing to paint my front valance. It is pretty badly scraped and i'll probably need to reshape it a bit too....what paint should I use and where can I get it....I heard Wurth is good, anyone have experience with it?

IPB Image
krazykonrad
Last I asked arround, Wurth was the way to go. I never actually got around to the project, so I dont have any first hand expereince. I got some helpful advice in the History/ originality section of the club site, pre- world.
Good Luck!
Konrad
Pat Garvey
Well, first - looks like you have a LE dam (of sorts) on the car - correct?
If so, I can offer no help.

If it's a steel piece, I can offer assistance that will cause ALL kinds of bitching!

But, it's fun!
Pat
john rogers
I get black paint at Pep Boys that is made for those plastic bumper covers on new cars and there are three different types of black: shinny, semi-gloss and flat. The semi-gloss seems to work well and I also use it on the rocker panels and inner fenders of the race car. It does not have a lot of build up and does not chip and crack easily.
Bogaat
QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ May 8 2007, 10:46 PM) *

If it's a steel piece, I can offer assistance that will cause ALL kinds of bitching!

But, it's fun!
Pat

Hey, I have the steel guys and need a repaint. Was thinking about powder, but looking for alternatives as well. Not to hijack, but your advice would be appreciated. biggrin.gif
TINCAN914
I just had my car painted, the painted used herculiner, it came out nice.
I have been told you can buy the stuff in a can. I was going to have it just painted in a satin black, but the herculiner will hold up more. Small setting on the sprayer gives it a stock texture..That's about all I can offer, I know not much.. smile.gif
jonferns
It is a steel, non-LE valance
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(Bogaat @ May 8 2007, 08:52 PM) *

QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ May 8 2007, 10:46 PM) *

But, it's fun!
Pat

Hey, I have the steel guys and need a repaint. Was thinking about powder, but looking for alternatives as well. Not to hijack, but your advice would be appreciated. biggrin.gif

Sorry, but I HATE powder coating. Doens't look anything like original & isn't all it's cracked (no pun) up to be.

If you have steel. strip it, prime it, base coat it, Shutz it, topcoat it.
iamchappy
I'm considering trying this stuff.

http://armorcoat.armorauto.com/
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.