Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Parade Autocross
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
ConeDodger
I suspect this is going to be a long course given the location at the old Jack Murphy Stadium... My money is on Provasi or Nieslony... Any other suspects???
Dave_Darling
Provasi. Nieslony is good, but Tom has always been very tough to beat. With that big Six behind him, he is just about impossible.

Hmmm.... Though higher speeds would probably let the more modern cars really shine... It's still tough to beat Provasi! He really is that good.

I'll be running P02, hoping to trophy again. Lisa will be trying to repeat as P02L champion. smile.gif

--DD
grantsfo
I think if Andrew B were to take a trip down to So Cal he could take care of beating Tom P as he has locally. Andrew had a fairly wide margin on Steve N at our last AX and Hamilton Racing is still sorting out the new big motor from what I have read on the board. Nathan B was able to get within a second of that Tom on a technical course in his old T4 powered car on 205 width DOT tires. I think even I might be able to give him a run for his money If I ran slicks and a car tuned for AX. He isnt unbeatable as a driver its just finding a car that has similar capbilities as that monster machine . I have seen his times bettered by other drivers several times at local events.

I think we have a few cars now in Nor Cal that might give him a run for his money, but I think few of us are planning to drive to San Diego for this cone dodging excercise.
ConeDodger
Historically Nieslony, Provasi, and Blyholder trade wins all the time. Each one has either had his day or a bad day that makes him vulnerable to the others. They are all very well matched. But, if Parade is running the big open course I think they will be running, I have to give it to Tom Provasi at this point.
J P Stein
On a big open course at the last Parade, Provasi beat Steve by 4-5 seconds....
I would expect the SD course to be something similar except the high speed will probably be higher. Last time they ran Parade at SD, top speeds were on the order of 120+ mph, IIRC....and I hear Fordahl is going to play.
3rd place is still open tho biggrin.gif
nebreitling
Provasi's going to be hard to beat on a long course. on a short, techincal course, my money would be on blyholder.
Chris Hamilton
Andrew and I will be at Parade in San Diego this year, and the new motor should have it's EFI sorted out by then hopefully.
john rogers
To fuel the rumoers a bit more, from what I heard the Provasi's are not bringing their car, the Fordhal's have not registered and neither has James Gunn-Wilkerson and the same with several other contenders that usually are good for TTOD. I did hear that the Otto's 914 is making the trip from Venice Beach to try for TTOD so we'll see??!!
Chris Hamilton
QUOTE(john rogers @ May 27 2007, 09:47 PM) *

To fuel the rumoers a bit more, from what I heard the Provasi's are not bringing their car, the Fordhal's have not registered and neither has James Gunn-Wilkerson and the same with several other contenders that usually are good for TTOD. I did hear that the Otto's 914 is making the trip from Venice Beach to try for TTOD so we'll see??!!

I don't understand why the Provasi's wouldn't be bringing the car, I mean the parade is closer to their region than ever, and I though Tom P was the parade autocross chair?
grantsfo
QUOTE(Chris Hamilton @ May 27 2007, 10:33 PM) *

I don't understand why the Provasi's wouldn't be bringing the car, I mean the parade is closer to their region than ever, and I though Tom P was the parade autocross chair?

Hey! ..go with it! Now fastest guy is out of the picture you guys have even better chance of being in top 10 at a National event.
Chris Hamilton
QUOTE(grantsfo @ May 28 2007, 12:38 AM) *

QUOTE(Chris Hamilton @ May 27 2007, 10:33 PM) *

Hey! ..go with it! Now fastest guy is out of the picture you guys have even better chance of being in top 10 at a National event.

Top 10? slap.gif We're there for TTOD smilie_pokal.gif
john rogers
The Dente's are the auto-x chairs and from what I hear the course is going to be VERY technical and take adbvantage of the slight hill that the "Q" has at the north end and have some off-camber turns! It should rival a national Pro-Solo course and rememebr you only get THREE runs!!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.