Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: NPC: So how cold is it in the Northeast?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
URY914
It was about 60 degrees here this morning. laugh.gif

What it like "Up North"? confused24.gif

Paul
crash914
Well....right now...18deg.F and only 3 to 4 inches on the ground..so far...we expect 15 to 30 inches by tomorrow evening....

This is in the manchester NH area....This is no where as bad as the 2" of ice the other day....I have already gone to the dump and got a cup of coffee.....

Hope its warm and toasty where you all are...
herb
Part Pricer
It's 23° right now. We've got about 6" of snow already. They are calling for another 16" of snow today.
scottb
20F here in western mass without the wind chill. about 2-3 inches of snow on the ground. expecting anywhere from another 6-18 inches depending on which talking head you listen to.

went out and played in the snow with my son. now making a big pot of mexican pork/chicken stew and gonna watch some football....
Dave Avery
I'm at the shoreline in CT, and yuck, we got 6+ inches. Last night it was no fun watching buffoons slip and slide all over the roads.

It's still snowing, even now sad.gif
URY914
So it looks like there will be alot guys on the board this weekend.

Paul

PS: I started this topic to show my wife that it really isn't that cold here. She wants me to start a fire!
scottb
60F? i would be outside in shorts, tee shirt and bare feet washing the car!!!!

cool_shades.gif
r_towle
60 Degrees is beach weather......

A fire doesnt happen here till 20 degrees...

Dont know the temp outside....
Couple of inches....more on the way...
I will take a pic tommorow after I dig out the second round...

Its really nice having a long private driveway......UNTIL it snows....
Its a two to three hour event with multiple snow blowers running....
But...we have to do the pond so we can skate!!!!!

Have fun in the sun....Skis are getting waxed today...
I may take the race car out for a quick COLD drag down the street before I pull the motor....just because.........

Rich
Mark Henry
1 inch and it's been around 20F since Monday.
Bruce Allert
While living in NortDakota, Wifey & I went to Disneyland in Dec. just after Christmas for our anniversary. ND was 10 below and LA was 60.... We WERE in T shirts while everyone else was in their parkas laugh.gif Employees were passing out slips of paper apologizing for their inclement weather rolleyes.gif

almost 40 with patchy blue sky in beautiful downtown BORING ORYGUN boldblue.gif

..............b
ChrisFoley
I just got inside after spending 3 hours plowing my driveway. 6" so far, and it's still snowing (lightly for now). If the forecast is accurate I will have to do it 2 or 3 more times with my little lawn tractor and a 3 foot blade. We're having more than 20 people over tomorrow to watch the SCCA Runoffs. laugh.gif
seanery
Chris, when is YOUR race on?
Joe Bob
65 and overcast.....in the garage doing tape and mud on the drywall we hung last night.....
ArtechnikA
30F, 6-8" driftlets to a foot. shoveled the driveway this morning while Joy made snowcreatures. i'm sure it will get old in a hurry but after 8 yrs of unpaved driveway, no garage, it was kinda nice. if it doesn't get any worse than this this winter we'll be doing okay. calling for mid-teens tonight, maybe another dusting osf snow, then clear and cold through the week until next weekend when the rains should wash the salt away.

we're taking the Subaru to the PCA board member transition meeting tomorrow afternoon, and i'm driving the company Eurovan at least between the start of snow and the next rainfall - but soon i'll have the 911 starting its suspension upgrade and it'll be down until spring ...
Nemo914
Cape Cod got about 5-6 inches of wet sloppy snow. Each shovel full was like a bucket of water! But the driveway is clear! Now it's raining.
Gint
58 here today. It's only snowed once really so far. Been really mild. 58 again tomorrow.
East coaster
The weather here in the east??? It sucks!!! So, I started stripping the 914 project and of course found some rust I didn't expect. Oh well.....that's why I have a welder! Snow belongs in the mountains where it can be enjoyed!
mskala
I'm in a dead spot this time. Only about 8" here so far, in
nearby areas about 20". It's about 25 and not too windy,
very comfortable shoveling.

Somewhat off topic, many of you in the other states wouldn't
have heard. The idiot snow plow drivers are objecting and
threatening to walk out if the new city contract goes as it
is now, where they require GPS phones. Damn good idea,
as boston has more than enough corruption and public crooks.
You have to use technology to get things done cheaper and
better, and the side benefit is no more guys doing driveways
when they're on the clock.

Let's see, you have an easy, probably well-paid job for a
government body, and there's hundreds of thousands of
people out of work who could come right in. Strike! Go ahead!
Dumbasses. finger.gif

Sorry I got nothing to say about 914's. The car is in the air for
the foreseeable future and I have about 50 things to do before
it even gets new oil and valve adjustment.
scottb
just an update for the warm weather folks.....

here's the view out the back door this morning. still snowing.

will be firing up the winter sports toy later.....snow blower!!!!
Downunderman
Should be about 25 C (80 F) here today, and getting hotter towards Xmas.
Joe Bob
Do toilets REALLY swirl the opposite way down there?
seanery
what? they flush UP!?
roundboy914
Hey Crash914,
My In-laws live in Canaan NH, and are really into their PCA region, the have a 911 that they race. U in PCA? Ever seen a blue 85 911, #34?
r_towle
roundboy,

Your inlaws are probably in North Country Region....If they autocross I am sure I have met them...

Well, to much snow for me....hopefully it will melt next week...

Took a long time to dig out....

Close to a foot....

I love snowblowers....I got a kubota with a five foot snowblower on it.....fires it about twenty feet no problem....Still sucks and still takes a few hours to do it all...

Rich
jarbuthnot
We had blizzard conditions most of yesterday and last night, gusts of 55mph. Our Great Pyranees didn't want to go out in it. Was 20 degrees when we lost power about 3am. It came back about 9. Then I got to suit up and blow snow for three hours. Why did I think I wanted winter when I retired? And it's snowing again, total should be about 18". Spring is in three short sad.gif months.
Curvie Roadlover
I guess I'm pretty lucky here. So far this year there have only been light flurries. Nothing sticking on the ground. The salt trucks have not yet spewed their evil venom on the roads. I might actually get another drive in.
ChrisFoley
We have at least 15" in Bolton. I woke up yesterday to 10" on the driveway dropped overnight. The little tractor doesn't like to push that much snow. Even after 3 1/2 hours I didn't finish plowing, before guests started arriving. At least I made enough room for 10 or 12 cars to park. I'm on my way out in a few minutes to finish the job. Maybe 1 to 1 1/2 hours more work.
crash914
Yes, I am in Northcountry, I don't remember any 911 ohmy.gif
I only can remember the 914's... lol3.gif
I did not do any Ax this past year, no time, but did do the Big Track..Most likely I saw them there...

all told, about 14 Inches....now to the garage to welder.gif
djm914-6
Well, I can't comment on the weekend temps except that it was bloody cold. As for snow, I figure I shoveled about two feet. Friday I had a grassy yard. Sunday afternood, I had snowbanks taller than my Golf. WTF? All I can think of is that this is only the first of many storms.

914 content: She's tucked away in the garage awaiting for me to get off my ass and get to work on the many projects.
Downunderman
Mike/Seanery,

Yes/no. The water does go the wrong or other way. Its tomorrow here at the moment (5.45 am Tues), and it will be 38 c on Wednesday (abt 100 f)
Gint
I just got back in from shoveling an inch of snow. Supposed to be 4-8" before morning. Yesterday is was almost 70...

Typical Denver winter weather.
cnavarro
It's warm enough (40s F) that I pulled out the 914 and squareback and took both for a drive this afternoon. I'm going to work on brakes tomorrow on the squareback (going onto new master cylinder #3) and taking off the bus header for a factory 411 muffler combo, but not before I get a new o2 sensor bung welded on. Curiousity is getting the best of me to see what this NOS muffler will sound like... :-)

Charles Navarro
LN Engineering
http://www.LNengineering.com
Aircooled Precision Performance
mightyohm
To think that I am going to NYC next week, on VACATION!

Hahaha...

What is that white stuff??

ohmy.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.