Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Parking Brake
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
blitZ
I've gone through my brake system, new MC, complete flush and bled well, vent clearance adjusted. However, I can't seem to be my parking brake working. I've adjusted the cable behind the firewall and can get the drivers side to grip, but the passenger does not. Is it possibe the cables have stretched over time?
tdgray
Absolutley but I would run through the system again and make sure you have everything adjusted.

IIRC you can adjust each cable independently ( R and L)... or I may be thinking of my MGA....hmmm
ws91420
QUOTE(tdgray @ May 9 2007, 08:52 AM) *

Absolutley but I would run through the system again and make sure you have everything adjusted.

IIRC you can adjust each cable independently ( R and L)... or I may be thinking of my MGA....hmmm

Left and right adjust independently where they exit the tubes from the firewall into the engine bay. Also setting the venting clearance of the rear calipers need to be done as the pads wear.
Dr Evil
Welby hit it onthe head, you need to adjust the vent clearance of the rear pads before you adjust the cables. This may lead to the finding thatyour back brakes were not working as well and should increase your overall braking.
blitZ
Thanks.

I'll recheck my clearances. Also, found a few other posts, probably need to check the lever on the caliper.
Eric_Shea
Also, found a few other posts, probably need to check the lever on the caliper.

Probably not... wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.