Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Clutch question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nomore9one4
My brothers 914 with the Ford supercharged 6 is having a clutch problem. When it heats up the clutch starts slipping. According to the PO the clutch does not have many miles on it. Is this most likely just a adjustment issue? or is there something else we should look for/test? The tranny is the standard sideshift. Thanks for any input. smile.gif
bd1308
Mine's doign that too. SLated for replacement (clutch)on next weekend.
Joe Ricard
I think supercharged motor will easily over power a stock clutch.

Time for a better clutch disk and new pressure plate.

Once they start slippping under power it will not survive long.

The procudeure adjusting the clutch is pretty simple and detailed tech articles can be found via a search here or directly to Pelican parts tech articles.
So.Cal.914
'IF' you have the clutch over adjusted or if contaminated it could do what your

saying, but I would be inclined to agree with Joe in this matter.
Twystd1
FIRST check the pedal play. Make sure the pedal has at least a half an inch of play before the clutch arm starts moving. (I like one inch+)

It's pretty hard to beat the Kennedy parts for the dollar.. Especially for their street setup.

Luis at "Clutch Masters" custom builds mine for a particular application.

Even they use the Kennedy PP if a customer wants a simple, known clutch combination. And Kennedy doesn't give them a much better deal than we can get direct.

I simply had my stock PP rebuilt using custom parts. And used the 911 disk (6 spring) that was resurfaced by clutch masters. Cintered iron on one side and ceramic resin fiber on the other. Very smooth like stock. Sticks like a MOFo when it gets hot. (Yeah)

It cost a little less than the Kennedy setup. Very burn out friendly. chair.gif

I dunno... I think we need to send Luis a couple of cores and have him make us some more for some other guys to try out.

If interested.. PM me. I just got off the phone with him. He is willing to clone my setup for some other guys.

Clayton
nomore9one4
Thanks for the info guys. We will give it a try! I was thinking the "too much power" option aswell. From what I remember seeing the PO's reciepts the clutch may be from Kennedy idea.gif I will have to double check! Looks like another 914 on jackstands headbang.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.