Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Seperated at devorce
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mills914/s
This is a story....Its true... From the town of Santa Cruz CA.
I went to get a flywheel machined tuesday morning. This guy Jim has been at the machine shop here in santa cruz for some 20+ years. My dad restored old 356's and 912's. He kinda new Jim back then and told me when I was a kid that Jim was a good guy. Smart, and could build a mean VW or porsche motor. Today Jim is still at the machine shop.
On this tusday Jim and I started talking 914's and motors and I asked him if he would build me a motor someday soon, He said yep. So B.S ing for a few minutes he told me of his first 914 he bought in the 70's and orange sportamatic. He paid a little over 6,000 brand new for this car. (Why and automatic I have no Idea.). Anyways Jim was married back then. Jim bought the 914 sportamatic before he was married.They had the car a few years and were happily married for years till one day......
Jims wife found herself in the arms of another man and soon had a boyfriend. Jim and his wife split up and went through a not so pretty devorce. The wifes new boyfriend kinda new cars a little and pushed the wife to get the sportamatic in the devorce. They ended up with the car.
Jim told me yesterday that to this day this a still a sore subject to him. He then walked over to this shelf with a pile of used 914 flywheels and pulled a brown bag out . In the bag was a copy of excelence magazine with this orange 914 sportamatic on the cover. He told me he still has not read the article yet but he has scanned over it a few times. He the showed me his name and santa cruz ca owner writen somewhere in the article. He seemed a little sad. And he told me "ohwell life goes on wish I still had this car".
Soo Im not sure but, Isn't that car the one and only factory sportamatic? And Is that the car the one thats in the dehumidified room at automobile atlanta?
Anyways just a few things I ran across yesterday and thought Id share with the club.
Hope you enjoyed the story. And post comments as you wish.

Seth,
Santa Cruz,CA
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(mills914/s @ May 9 2007, 07:43 AM) *

This is a story....Its true... From the town of Santa Cruz CA.
I went to get a flywheel machined tuesday morning. This guy Jim has been at the machine shop here in santa cruz for some 20+ years. My dad restored old 356's and 912's. He kinda new Jim back then and told me when I was a kid that Jim was a good guy. Smart, and could build a mean VW or porsche motor. Today Jim is still at the machine shop.
On this tusday Jim and I started talking 914's and motors and I asked him if he would build me a motor someday soon, He said yep. So B.S ing for a few minutes he told me of his first 914 he bought in the 70's and orange sportamatic. He paid a little over 6,000 brand new for this car. (Why and automatic I have no Idea.). Anyways Jim was married back then. Jim bought the 914 sportamatic before he was married.They had the car a few years and were happily married for years till one day......
Jims wife found herself in the arms of another man and soon had a boyfriend. Jim and his wife split up and went through a not so pretty devorce. The wifes new boyfriend kinda new cars a little and pushed the wife to get the sportamatic in the devorce. They ended up with the car.
Jim told me yesterday that to this day this a still a sore subject to him. He then walked over to this shelf with a pile of used 914 flywheels and pulled a brown bag out . In the bag was a copy of excelence magazine with this orange 914 sportamatic on the cover. He told me he still has not read the article yet but he has scanned over it a few times. He the showed me his name and santa cruz ca owner writen somewhere in the article. He seemed a little sad. And he told me "ohwell life goes on wish I still had this car".
Soo Im not sure but, Isn't that car the one and only factory sportamatic? And Is that the car the one thats in the dehumidified room at automobile atlanta?
Anyways just a few things I ran across yesterday and thought Id share with the club.
Hope you enjoyed the story. And post comments as you wish.

Seth,
Santa Cruz,CA

The ID number should tell all but there certainly were not next to any made by the factory that is for sure. He should have the id number around his place somewhere. The AA sporto did come from california
davep
We know where about 10 Sporto's are today:

http://www.roadglue.com/forum/showthread.php?t=237
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(davep @ May 9 2007, 08:12 AM) *

We know where about 10 Sporto's are today:

http://www.roadglue.com/forum/showthread.php?t=237

Very nice work! Too bad that roadglue and 914world cannot be combined!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.