Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: parking brake after brake conversion
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
cyclocross
anyone know solutions to keep the parking brake after brake conversion. or may be a mechnical parking brake set up. I need to park on a sloped drive way.

thanks
Crazyhippy
welcome.png

The easiest way is... IPB Image

MSDS and RenegadeHybrids were both working on an add on parking brake for 911 rear brake conversions. I haven't heard any news on either in a while.

BJH
wbergtho
My rear brake conversion consists of 930 rotors & calipers with the built in drum brake within the OEM 930 rotor. I'm not sure how other 911 rear brakes are designed...but that is how the 930 stuff works. Also, I believe Renegade Hybrids has developed an extra caliper that does the duty of clamping the disc to provide an emergency/parking brake. Give them a call and ask them all about their kit.

Bill
sww914
BigD914-6GT is working on a kit with an extra caliper too, but I think it'll be awhile before he finishes it.
I've seen a thread here about converting 911 stuff to work, it looked difficult.
John
I am using 911 parking brakes (drum type). I am also using stock 914-4 cables.

It isn't really too difficult. The hardest part is to get the geometry of my belcrank right. That issue alone has kept me from offering a kit. I could make a jig to locate the bolt (pivot point) on the trailing arm, but I don't want to get into shipping trailing arms.

I have not found an easy to understand template to locate the bolt either. (Perhaps I try too hard to make it fool-proof).

Again, mine was not at all hard for me to do.

Check my BLOG for pictures.
Aaron Cox
im also doing the 911 drum brakes.....

well documented by john and eric shea
cyclocross
I think I am stuck with the brick for now....until someone come up with a kit...
thanks for all the info biggrin.gif
wbergtho
I know a guy in Upland, CA that can convert your rear trailing arms to 911 rotors & calipers. All you have to do after that is get a pair of custom emergency brake cables made up from Terrycable in Hesparia, CA. Done! Let me know if you want his number? His name is Randy Beck and he owns a shop named RPM (actually in Rancho Cucamonga, CA).
sww914
QUOTE(wbergtho @ May 9 2007, 10:48 PM) *

I know a guy in Upland, CA that can convert your rear trailing arms to 911 rotors & calipers. All you have to do after that is get a pair of custom emergency brake cables made up from Terrycable in Hesparia, CA. Done! Let me know if you want his number? His name is Randy Beck and he owns a shop named RPM (actually in Rancho Cucamonga, CA).

There's nothing on a 911 caliper to attach the E brake cable to. 911's use small drum brakes inside of the rear rotor.
Does Randy convert the rear trailing arms so that you can attach the drum brakes?
I'm sorry if I sound like a dick, I'm tired and I should be in bed.
ClayPerrine
I added 911 drum brakes to the back of my 914. Its easy. The only non OEM parts are the cables, and I had them made at a local boat shop.

Now I gotta fix the frozen star wheel that adjusts the brake shoes on the right rear wheel. Oh well... maybe after I finish the transmission reassembly. biggrin.gif
iamchappy
I did the drum brake fabrication also, I just finished it last week end, I choose to use the stock brake cables and did a bellcrank design. lot's of help here....
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=4909
http://www.phoenixhobbies.com/html/911_e-brakes.html
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...54987&st=20
dflesburg
I did the 911 ebrake conversion too. I took me a few days. I think its very cool.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.