Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wiring for Temp Sender
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
aylanco
Greetings,

My '73 has a center console and has the temp sender and taco plate down below. Only problem is they are not connected. I'd like to pull the center console so I can run the wire.

Any suggestions as to how and where to route it?

Thanks,
2-OH!
Most 73' cars have the wire already run from the engine bay to the connector under the carpet...Under the seam of the carpet about where the little "Defrost" lite is on the floor...Should be a bundle of connectors there to support the console, even if you don't have one, the wiring is still there...

Just pull the bottom board out of the center, floor of the console and you will see them...Temp wire is green with black stripe...May be hooked to the guage on the dash or the center console, but you can't use both...Too much resistance to read correctly...

Comes out in the engine bay at the right front corner of the engine tin (I don't know why they put it there, but)...Almost under the battery tray, laying on the shelf around the engine, comes out of that large harness bundle...You should see a single green wire with a black stripe on it, with a long, square plastic connector housing on the end...

One of the members here (adoman) did a great installation from the taco plate straight up through the hole in the tin used by the wire for the cooling flap control system and ran it along the top of the blower housing to the engine bay connector...Very neat, clean way to do it...

Now you just have to hook up your gauge...

Sounds easy huh...

2-OH!
SirAndy
QUOTE(aylanco @ May 10 2007, 11:24 AM) *

Any suggestions as to how and where to route it?

they *should* already be there. remove the console and look for a connector with a green/black wire.
that's for the oil-temp.

it comes out of the main harness in the engine bay on the pass. side, under the battery tray. again a green/black wire with a plastic connector.

simply run a wire from the taco plate to that connector, plug that gauge into the connector under the console and you're good to go ...

btw. the haynes manual has a wiring diagram, just in case you get lost ...
bye1.gif Andy
aylanco
Thanks, Guys. Will do as instructed!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.