Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SOT: Job Description
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Brando
So I'm looking for a new job. Just updated my resume on Monster tuesday night and this morning I get an e-mail for something that looks like processing money transactions. Has something to do with managing e-bay auctions and taking payments. Here's the jist of the job description:
- Collecting Local Payments

When a buyer in the US decides to purchase an item through an online auction from our sellers he has the following payment options: pay pal, international wire transfer, international check, local certified check or local wire transfer. The quickest option of these is local wire transferring. Local wire transfers and certified checks are the options that the sales support representative will provide to the clients.

- Managing Data

Along with the payments received from buyers you will be receiving details for these sales. These details will include items sold, price, and buyer's information. You are to file and maintain these purchasing records and transactions.

- Forwarding of the Payments

Once you receive each payment you will be keeping 5% as commission and forwarding the rest to the seller or representative, whose information will be provided prior each transaction. It is crucial to complete forwarding of the payments in a time efficient manner.

- Correspondence

You will be submitting brief reports, weekly reports, and monthly reports. Weekly and monthly reports are to be done in Excel format and are to summarize all transactions completed within the week, or month.

Here is an example of a brief report:
Date: August 8, '06
Buyer: Laura N. Smith
Item: Movado Watch
Price: $ 1,921.27
Commission 5%: $ 96
Fees: $ 75
Total Forwarded: $1750.27
Forwarded to: Elisa Narenzo, Copenhagen, Denmark
Reference Numbers: 23497839

- Fees, and Transferring Procedures

All fees are covered by the company. The fees for transferring are simply deducted from the payments received. No client will contact you during initial stage of the trial period. After three weeks of the trial period you will begin to have contact with the buyers via email in regards to collection of the payments. For the first three weeks you will simply receive all of the transferring details, and payments, along with step by step guidance from your supervisor. You will be forwarding the received payments through western union, money gram transferring agents, or by wire transferring.

Seems kind of fishy to me, their company seems to be legit. Correspondence so far has been a bit helpful. I don't like the idea of actually handling money, though. Whether it be through accounts being the medium puts a lot of liability on me. Even though I really don't have much of anything to lose, that's a lot of responsibility. If it's just processing the transactions that's one thing.

How's this look from a legal standpoint? I've yet to have any experience yea or nea as to if this is a good or bad thing, that's why I'm feeling for input. The monthly salary isn't that bad for the equivalent of part-time work though.

Thanks!
smontanaro
Yeah, you're going to get crap like that from posting your resume on Monster and other big general purpose job sites. Looks like a scam to me. You'd probably get screwed from both sides. My recommendation is that you find more niche-oriented job boards which specialize in your skill set.

Skip
sww914
I bet you'll end up paying out money before the paypals actually clear, or near the end of the time that the "buyer" has to dispute the charges, all of the sales will be disputed, leaving you out of all the money you collected, minus your "commission".
SirAndy
run ...
grantsfo
Run real fast
SLITS
I got the same thing as an email and immediately trashed it.
Brando
Thanks guys.

The application has a date with my shredder...
DonTraver
Try here

http://scamvictimsunited.com/phpBB2/viewfo...fbd10c13287a118
JB 914
If it walks like a duck, talks like a duck.........it's a duck.

you can do better than that scam Brando.

Good luck in your quest!
ConeDodger
QUOTE(JB 914 @ May 11 2007, 09:57 AM) *

If it walks like a duck, talks like a duck.......

It's gonna crap all over your lawn.
Aaron Cox
be an OC sheriff's deputy.....

they are always hiring.... and skline did that as i recall. talk to him about it.
SLITS
QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ May 11 2007, 10:22 AM) *

they are always hiring.... and skline did that as i recall. talk to him about it.

Now that is a frightening thought. OC is hiring the mentally challenged and letting them carry a weapon?
Aaron Cox
and we need brando to bulk up and weigh more than 120 lbs soaking wet tongue.gif

dont want him to get pushed around by the gangsta's
Brando
QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ May 11 2007, 10:22 AM) *

I did talk to him about it ... loooooong time ago. It's why I won't do it.

Besides, do you want someone like me walking around with the power of a badge and a gun? Seriously?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.