Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 4 Bolt Wheel Spacers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tracks914
I would like to put 4 bolt spacers in the front of my DD. Has anyone seen them for sale? I'm thinking 1" would bring the wheels out enough to make it look better.
What do you think?
Tx
SGB
Thats an interesting idea, although I'll bet half that would fill out the wheel wells. I dunno what the front and rear tracks are for the car anyway. I'm sure someone makes it. Google or Ebay for 130mm 4 bolt spacers. I hope that is the right size and I'm not confusing things... Some more learned individual will correct me if I'm wrong (or you could do the search I was too lazy to do).
Aaron Cox
i believe i have heard the front track is an inch narrower than the rear.....

i used 7" rims to fill up the front fenders tongue.gif
DanT
1/2" spacers in rear and 3/4" spacers in front. smile.gif
lotus_65
I saw these at JC Whitney, and they had some nice billit ones before that where about $20., but they're not listed now.

The real question is where to get good cheap ones.

Edit:
Oops, I had found these at CB Performance.
Not at Whitney...
Gint
Make damn sure you get longer lug bolts. Factory alloy wheel lug bolts will only leave about a 1/4" of thread engagement if you use a 1/4" spacer. BTDT, seen it with my own eyes (PO applied).

These guys have whatever length you need.
tracks914
That link doesn't go to a car place!!!
I was thinking more of a spacer like the ones for 5 bolt wheels.
I don't want to use longer bolts, I want to use 2 sets of bolts.
Gint
QUOTE(tracks914 @ May 11 2007, 03:02 PM) *
That link doesn't go to a car place!!!
I was thinking more of a spacer like the ones for 5 bolt wheels.
I don't want to use longer bolts, I want to use 2 sets of bolts.
D'oh! I don't know wht happened there. Let's try that again.

Eurosport.com wheel nuts/bolts/studs

So you want the type that bolt on to the hub, and then have seperate studs for the wheel. Right? Dunno where you can get those.
DanT
I looked for a long time and the type you are looking for just aren't available for 4 bolt 914 wheels. Our 4 bolt pattern is pretty rare...and too old for folks to make them...
It is tough enough to find any kind of spacers for our 4 bolt pattern. sad.gif

That is why I went to the 1/2" rear and 3/4" front and used longer wheels studs and correct steel (ball seat) lug nuts.
tracks914
OK maybe with studs and nuts I might do it but longer bolts I'm just not too sure about.
DanT
QUOTE(tracks914 @ May 11 2007, 09:15 PM) *

OK maybe with studs and nuts I might do it but longer bolts I'm just not too sure about.

That is why I went with the studs and lug nuts also....

plus having studs makes changing wheels so much easier...
JPB
Spacers and such is okay but getting rims that just fit is the way to go. Cheap wheels, cheap tires, and wide stance.
JPB
205/55s BFG G-Force, Western rims, burnt paint by PO with oversized tires/rims, dent me. Hey Bill I dented it.
DanT
QUOTE(JPB @ May 12 2007, 07:09 AM) *

Spacers and such is okay but getting rims that just fit is the way to go. Cheap wheels, cheap tires, and wide stance.

VW offset. sad.gif
like just about every aftermarket wheel that was available for these cars when they were new.
Since it was the same bolt pattern, everyone thought you could just swap them out.
VW offset with 205s usually means a rub in the rear.

It appears from his avatar that he is running factory stock wheels with the proper offset. And his original querry was about moving the wheels out towards the fenders in the front to fill out the wheel wells and to more closely match the track of the rear wheels.
the front track is ~1" narrower than the rear. That is why everyone has clearance problems in the rear but rarely if ever in the front.
My 3/4" spacers in the front matched with Fuchs and 205 DOT Rs with no clearance issues at all. In the rear I run 1/2" spacers due to lots of negative camber and rubbing issues on the inner fender well at the top. Yes my rear fenders have rolled lips and are slightly pulled.
tracks914
You are right about the stock wheels.
hmeeder
I used these on my rears. I have studded my hubs though with press in studs.

1" spacers

Another option instead of a longer wheel bolt is a screw in stud like these.

BBS Screw in Studs

These particular studs are hardened and used in racing applications. Do Not use the cheap VW screw in studs that are available in many places. They are crap
JPB
If you look real close, the inner lip has been bent for the rub issues. beer.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.