Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone going to Willow Springs POC June 2/ 3 ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
Maltese Falcon
We've signed up for both days CI class...anyone else going ?
The track (Streets) will be run CW and CCW , both with the Bowl. Should be a good learning experience biggrin.gif
drew365
I want to do the big track the following weekend, so I'm going to skip the short track event. Back to back weekends kick my butt too much.
Maltese Falcon
I know the feeling. Our car and myself get totally used up cause we come in from WHITE group and swap a driver for Yellow group . The car technically stays out for 40 minutes.
Really gives a good indication of how the car can hold up !
Marty
SandyI
I'll be there on Saturday only. See you there.
Maltese Falcon
Click to view attachmentWell it was scorching hot and a little breezy, but we took down the record for CI class on Saturday running the Willow Streets (CW) with Bowl. According to POC stats from 11/06 the time was 1.40.359. We nailed it at 1.38.804 .
On Sunday we ran the course CCW, but could'nt get down lower than 1.40s , due to a shift rod bushing that came off and screwed up our shifts. So that record will have to stand at 1.37 until Sept. when we go at it again .
A passenger car oiled up the track on Parade laps WTF.gif and a Cayman S blew an oil line (or filter), and a 996 tore off its coolant lines...so there was plenty of oil-absorb on the track. The Track Support service was out of that stuff by the end of Sunday.
Not too shabby for an old CraigsList car beerchug.gif
Marty and crew of 790ci
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.