Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Valve Train Geometry setup
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
G e o r g e
I'm down to this and have read and searched,

but I am still unsure the best/easiest way to set up my dial indicator efficiently.

anyone have any pics or suggested attachment techniques?

Have i missed the perfect thread on this?

only having late after hours to work on this is wearing me out

anyone in socal have a jig setup that i can borrow?
Aaron Cox
i have an adjustable pushrod..... brando's got it.... but its yours if you need it.

joe sharp helped me dial in mine, give ole Joe a call. Its really simple once you wrap your head around it.
craig downs
Ahh so your doing valve geo to. I just strated doing mine. I took a piece of 2" wide
steel flat bar drilled a 5/16 or 8mm hole a corner and bolted it down across the intakes for the magnegtic base for the dial indicator.
craig downs
one more
Aaron Cox
as borat say "Very Nice!"
G e o r g e
agree.gif With Aa it is very nice .

where did you get the magnet-arm setup from?
Aaron Cox
george, i also have the magbase + dial indicator if you wish to borrow that also LOL

i got mine at HF
ConeDodger
Jake has an article on his forum. McMark is very good with this. No. VERY GOOD. His set up is similar...
G e o r g e
QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ May 11 2007, 07:41 AM) *

george, i also have the magbase + dial indicator if you wish to borrow that also LOL

i got mine at HF

I have the dial indicator, also from hf, just didn't see the Arm setup. I'll run back over at lunch. thanks
G e o r g e
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ May 11 2007, 08:53 AM) *

Jake has an article on his forum. McMark is very good with this. No. VERY GOOD. His set up is similar...

Have read and reread jakes article

And I'm sure Mark is Very good at this, but he's 8 hrs north of me driving.gif biggrin.gif
Borderline
The shaft on the magnetic base can be un-threaded from the base. I drilled and tapped a couple holes on a small plate. The shaft threaded into the plate and then the plate was held down by one of the intake studs. I found that the magnetic bas a little awkward to work with. Sorry, no photos that show all the details. Just don't let the mag base get in your way.
Jake Raby
If my 9000 word essay on the subject can't get you through it pain free there is a problem!... If that essay is folowed step by step with the correct tools and parts in hand its a simple process.
G e o r g e
QUOTE(Jake Raby @ May 11 2007, 02:37 PM) *

If my 9000 word essay on the subject can't get you through it pain free there is a problem!... If that essay is folowed step by step with the correct tools and parts in hand its a simple process.

Essay directions are plain and simple.

not asking, before going to the store, where to buy every tool needed was my problem

Jake Raby
We won't be selling the tools- only renting them....
G e o r g e
QUOTE(Jake Raby @ May 11 2007, 03:48 PM) *

We won't be selling the tools- only renting them....

Jake,

Wasn't directing the purchase comment towards you.

I know your only going to rent them, but I have taken to long to put this kit together already.
914werke
is this possible to accomplish ..in car? wub.gif
Jake Raby
QUOTE(rdauenhauer @ May 11 2007, 07:48 PM) *

is this possible to accomplish ..in car? wub.gif

That would be a real bitch..
It wpuld be faster and more accurate if you pulled the engine...

I woulld not even think of doing it in the car!
craig downs
Maybe we should get together and do both of ours. I understand how to do it and it
isn't very hard just takes time.
G e o r g e
QUOTE(craig downs @ May 11 2007, 09:15 PM) *

Maybe we should get together and do both of ours. I understand how to do it and it
isn't very hard just takes time.

when are you planning on working on yours?
JoeSharp
popcorn[1].gif Whats up??? And where is it going to happen???
craig downs
This weekend is bad for me. I have to spray some stuff for my daughters car tomorrow and then mothers day. I was thinking it would be better if I came over and help you less chance of dust getting into our engines if we have to move them. How soon do you need to get it done? When would be a good time for you? Maybe some evening.
I live just north of Corona.
G e o r g e
I'm going to give it hell tomorrow after my son's TKD sparring class

but if something comes up and i can't get the time put in, Im in orange, and the engine is at my shop in anahiem.

craig downs
Ok good luck hope everything goes smooth. If I get some free time tomorrow
I'll give you a pm.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.