Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Here's My Car now that DSL is working
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
KJJ-74-914
1974 914, 1.8 with large bore cylinders, euro pistons. Stock black interior, totally mint body - no rust!!!
KJJ-74-914
Its an autocrosser too
Gint
Very Nice! Throw some pics in the Members 914 Pics thread.
r_towle
great looking....lower the front end a little
KJJ-74-914
I lowered it last year. Pictures were prior to lowering.

Thanks for the compliments!!
Mueller
Looks like a nice paint job !!!!

Nice car !!!
redshift
Damn that's a clean one.

You Dog! Arf!

smile.gif

M
roundboy914
nice car.
the rims look familiar.
did you buy this from a guy in the Chicago region of PCA?
KJJ-74-914
Yes Roundboy, it was Bill Murrin's car.
roundboy914
That's what i thought.
Are you going to bring it out to Blackhawk in the spring?
KJJ-74-914
Probably. Is that your 914-6 in your avatar?
RD Evans
Great looking car! Is that the original color? My '74 is Bahia Red and I only hope to get it looking like yours sometime in the near future. smilie_flagge24.gif
roundboy914
Yeah, its my car.
Just a 2.0 1976 4 cylinder
I bought it off of a guy in the Chicago PCA (David o'Brian) 10 years ago.
Just had a new engine installed. Big bore, with carbs and headers. I hope around 120 HP.
As I remember, Bill's car was sweet, very nice shape. Didn't need anything.
KJJ-74-914
No it didn't need anything, but I only drive it for a couple 100 miles a year and the sitting is no good for the seals. I started to get a few drips here and there so decided to drop the motor, clean the undercarrage, motor and reseal the motor.

I'm in the process of trying to remove the factoy undercoat, but I might just scrape the loose stuff off and reshoot the whole thing. The car does not have an ounce of rust on it so I wouldn't be trapping rust or moisture under the undercoat. I'm going to use factory Wurth and a gun to do it right.

I know Dan, good guy. I didn't participate in the club last year, too much going with my Offshore boat. Hopefully this year.

Who did your motor? i just bought a complete 1.8L that I plan on building up over the winter.
roundboy914
Brad Mayuer - 914 Limited, he is in the scene.
Great guy, very honest, and he loves the cars, so he goes the extra mile.
Only problem, he is in East Peoria, which means you may have to go the extra mile.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.