Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Vents & Jetting 44 IDF's for 2.0
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bobhasissues
I'm trying to get my 2.0 to run with Weber 44 IDF's. Can anyone share sizes of Main Venturi, Main Fuel and Air Corrector jets for a stock 2.0? What's working for you? There's a lot of conflicting information out there regarding the venturi. Some say 28mm while others say the 36mm will work. I would really appreciate feedback from someone with firsthand experience.
SirAndy
QUOTE(bobhasissues @ May 11 2007, 11:16 AM) *

I would really appreciate feedback from someone with firsthand experience.

well, mine wasn't a stock 2.0L, i had a warmed over 2056 with a agressive cam, but here's some info anyways ...

the 36mm venturis will flow way too much air. the motor will bog down at the off idle transition.
on my 2056, i had to go down to 32mm venturis to get a nice, clean powerband without any flatspots. the larger venturis just don't get the airspeed needed ...
for a stock 2.0L, i suggest you go with the smaller 28mm.

i can't really comment on the jetting for a stock motor. maybe jake will throw in some info ...
bye1.gif Andy

PS: welcome.png
LvSteveH
This should be a good starting point for a stockish 2.0L using 44's

32 vents
F11 emulsion
175 air
50 idle
130 main

Another option would be:

32mm vent
F 7 emulsion
200 air
50 idle
130 main

ws91420
Is there a way to determine vent size w/o disassembly or w/o having to get gaskets for a rebuild?
SirAndy
QUOTE(ws91420 @ May 12 2007, 06:03 AM) *

Is there a way to determine vent size w/o disassembly or w/o having to get gaskets for a rebuild?

you could measure it ...
poke.gif Andy
bperry
QUOTE(ws91420 @ May 12 2007, 09:03 AM) *

If they are unmodified weber venturis, they will have the size cast into the top
of the vent. Using a flashlight you should be able to see it by looking
down from the top. It will be a raised number along the mid to upper
edge. Mine came from the factory with the numbers directly under
the accelerator pump jets. Still readable though.
See photo below

--- bill
Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.