Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mufflers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914nerd
There is obviously not enough discussion of mufflers on this site and Britt could surely use another thread on this.
So, the question is:
Can someone please detail the installation of those newfangled muffler needle bearings and/or the roller muffler and list the benefits of each.
biggrin.gif
Well, let the arguments begin
chair.gif

And, just so it's not OT, which muffler is best for making a completely bone-stock smogged 1.8 feel (and sound) like a ferrari while on jackstands?
JmuRiz
Open pipes (no muffler) tongue.gif
woobn8r
QUOTE(914nerd @ May 11 2007, 02:36 PM) *

There is obviously not enough discussion of mufflers on this site and Britt could surely use another thread on this.
So, the question is:
Can someone please detail the installation of those newfangled muffler needle bearings and/or the roller muffler and list the benefits of each.
biggrin.gif
Well, let the arguments begin
chair.gif

And, just so it's not OT, which muffler is best for making a completely bone-stock smogged 1.8 feel (and sound) like a ferrari while on jackstands?

If you want it to "feel" like a Ferrari...it's the "muffler" (silk scarf) you wear around your neck that'll do it....
grantsfo
Load this onto your iPod, put headphones on, sit in your car, hit play.

http://www.farzadsf1gallery.com/f1_sounds/412T2.wav

Believe me its going to be a lot closer to sounding like a real Ferrari than any muffler bolted to a 1.8. biggrin.gif
JPB
Mufflers are old schools. What we need are exhaust amplifiers not exhaust mufflers. beer.gif
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(grantsfo @ May 11 2007, 04:47 PM) *

Load this onto your iPod, put headphones on, sit in your car, hit play.

http://www.farzadsf1gallery.com/f1_sounds/412T2.wav

Believe me its going to be a lot closer to sounding like a real Ferrari than any muffler bolted to a 1.8. biggrin.gif

HOW IN THE HELL DID YOU GET A RECORDING OF BETTY'S 1.8 FROM THE LAST AUTOCROSS?????
Betty
"HOW IN THE HELL DID YOU GET A RECORDING OF BETTY'S 1.8 FROM THE LAST AUTOCROSS?????"

Like I keep having to TELL everybody... it's stock.... I swear...... biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.