Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuchs: educate a swapper on what to look for
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Aaron Cox
Im in the market for 15 x6 911 fuchs wheels. I plan on buying a set at the pomona swap meet tomorrow. What offset should I be looking for? Where should I look for cracks? Where should i look for part number? am i missing anything?

Thanks guys
Bleyseng
4 3/4" offset is about what the right ones measure. Should have 901 blah blah as a part number stamped on the inside.
Cracks are obvious.......
Find the black cap nuts too if you can.

Geoff
ArtechnikA
i believe there are only 2 15x16 Fuchs. the 'early' ones are for tube-type tires and have a slightly deeper-appearing lip. they are perceived as being more rare and valuable. IIRC they actually have the same offset. i thought Jeroen had a link to all the wheel spec pages but i culdn't find it on his registered website page ...

early 'S' type : 901.361.012.06

later (tubeless) : 911.361.020.10

real Fuchs will have the stylised fox head cast into one spoke
Aaron Cox
you have to run tubes on deep sixes? they sell for a lot more on ebay ive noticed.

so...look for 911 part number.

is there an easy way to see if they are true (spin around in hands????)
Eric_Shea
you have to run tubes on deep sixes

No. It just doesn't have a safety bead. Not a problem. I've run many a high speed course (Las Vegas) and many an autocross without them.

Look for the Porsche Part "Triangle" with the "P" in the middle. That and the part number will net you some "real" Fuchs. I highly doubt you'll find cracks on real Fuchs but there's an off chance.
Bleyseng
The cracks happen as owners do hit curbs and other crap. I have seen several 4 bolt Fuchs with cracks. The rims are getting to be 30 years old.
Geoff
Aaron Cox
thanks guys. i went on PET and got partnumbers to look for.

I asume the offset is ET 36? or is it ET 42
Bleyseng
I don't know that, I just measure from the outside of the rim (inside that faces the car) to the mounting face. It should be about 4 3/4" close to the 4 7/8th" that the 4 bolts have. That way you won't have any problems rubbing the inside of the fenders.

Geoff
Joe Bob
16 x6s are more plentiful and have a better tire selection.....
ArtechnikA
all early Fuchs have about the same, appropriate, backspacing. (you won't be finding any 911R wheels, which are 7" anyway...). Porsche spec'd the wheels to fit the cars...
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(mikez @ Dec 6 2003, 06:59 PM)
16 x6s are more plentiful and have a better tire selection.....

i agree...more expensive tires wink.gif
Joe Bob
205/50/16 Z rated Kumhos...what 80 a piece?
seanery
I agree about 16's. If you're willing to try sumitomo or some of the newer asian brands there are some deals to be found on 205 16's
Aaron Cox
got me some 15's.... thanks guys! (16's were too expensive sad.gif )
Andyrew
Pics? Congrats!

beerchug.gif

Andrew
redshift
HAY PICS

M
Aaron Cox
no digi cam (have to jack my sista's )

they are polished all the way around
redshift
mad.gif

Hey, when everyone says, "Pics please!" you don't say "No Camera!".

laugh.gif

That's my line.

M
Aaron Cox
LOL...crazy fart rolleyes.gif
ss6
Mike Z -

Awesome diagram! Tells you everything you need to know! smilie_pokal.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.